Running Back To The Future on iDevices

What You Need:
Jailbroken IDevice*
iFile
Diskaid/Ifunbox/SSH
7-Zip (if you want it the easier way)
Back to the Future. IPA (from your own sources)

1. Extract the directory Payload/BackToTheFuture101.app from the .ipa, Using 7-zip to your desktop
2. Copy BackToTheFuture101.app (folder) to Applications Folder on your iDevice, There is a shortcut in the root of the iDevice, using Diskaid/Ifunbox/SSH.
3. On your iDevice, go on iFile, go to the Applications folder and find BackToTheFuture101.app (folder) and click the blue arrow.
4. Under Access Permissions Change the Settings according to this:
User - Read,Write,Execute
Group - Write,Execute
World - Write,Execute
5. Go into BackToTheFuture101.app (folder) and change the following files BackToTheFuture101 and Pkginfo Permissions according to the same thing above.
6. Re-spring
7. the app should be there and Run it! (the first time its glitch but the next time it works)
Congratulations !​

Screen Shots:
IMG_0399.PNG

IMG_0400.PNG

IMG_0401.PNG

IMG_0402.PNG

IMG_0403.PNG

IMG_0404.PNG

*- I Recommend you use an Iphone 4 or Ipod Touch 4 For quality reasons

This was tested with an iPod touch 4
Also the text looks very pixely and unreadable but everything else seems to work
P.S First Tutorial
yay.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Neat! I imagine a lot of people will be glad to be able to play this on their iPhones and iPods (although screen size is a concern for me).

I've seen a number of methods for getting iPad apps to run on other iDevices, and though they work like a charm, they all seem to want to display the game at a 480x320 resolution, even on Retina devices like the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4. That's the reason it looks so horrid in the screenshots. If one were able to find a way to make the apps run in the iPhone 4's native 960x640 resolution, I imagine the game would look much nicer.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I tries it with world pf goo an the icon wont show up

Ok i found a way to do it, copy all the files from wog.app and delete the ones inside of some shitty app. Them paste the world of goo files in. Then respring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users