Gaming Rumour has it Nintendo's going to make Wii U a much better gaming system

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Direct was not bad for the Wii U. Nothing super extra-ordinary sadly for 2015. Its going to be a fairly dry year for the Wii U with most hopes pinned on Xenoblade which for me is a certain top 5 RPGs of this generation. Sadly that means very little in terms of selling Wii U's since it just doesn't have the following or ability to attract buyers like other big RPGs do.

Mario Maker actually looked pretty awesome too. I haven't been a big fan of it but the potential to have unlimited Mario levels is pretty exciting. Just think they could have done a bit more with it.. but I guess Nintendo is all about holding shit back and instead perfecting what they have.

FE x SMT looked sublime from the trailer. I love the direction they're going in, I loved the music and the artwork. The fact I'm more excited about this title than Persona 5 (persona formula overall is a bit stagnant IMO) really speaks volumes for me.

sPlatoon as usual looks like a great idea but for me lacks that bit of personality which other Nintendo games have. I hope I'm wrong and they're not marketing it that well.

Yoshi's Wooly world looked cute as fuck... but I won't buy it full price unless the reviews are good as I'm not too hot on platforms ATM.

Fatal Frame for the US/EU is a big one for me. People wanted it. People got it. Nintendo delivered. I now have a reason to play through the old fatal frame games and I've only heard good things.

The N64/DS library is hmm... interesting? I can imagine it becoming something pretty huge later on down the line when the library gets big enough, its good Nintendo is finally tapping into their old titles and getting money from them rather than forcing us to emulate them.

Mario Kart 200cc is a huge thing for me as I got bored of 150cc and I haven't even played it THAT much. The DLC looks like its been crafted with the care we come to expect from Nintendo.

Lucas for Smash... i don't give a fuck about lucas.. but the fact they're adding ANOTHER character suggest so me Nintendo are committed to their big titles over the Wii U's life span which is HUGE news.

Taking into account this is a Zelda-less year, Nintendo have teased me with enough content to have faith in Nintendo/Wii U.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Also lets not get this twisted. I'm just super hyped post-Nintendo Direct.

2015 will still be somewhat of a drought for Nintendo compared to the big boys since a lot of these titles since I didn't see a fatal frame or FExSMT release date. However, the future is looking bright.

Criteria for me owning a console is it having 10-20 games which I play and enjoy. Thats more than enough for me personally since I have my PC to supplement third party titles. Nintendo WILL deliver that this gen.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Also lets not get this twisted. I'm just super hyped post-Nintendo Direct.

2015 will still be somewhat of a drought for Nintendo compared to the big boys since a lot of these titles since I didn't see a fatal frame or FExSMT release date. However, the future is looking bright.

Criteria for me owning a console is it having 10-20 games which I play and enjoy. Thats more than enough for me personally since I have my PC to supplement third party titles. Nintendo WILL deliver that this gen.
Putting aside the fact that Wii U has flopped Nintendo's still going to deliver a fantastic package for the 9mil Wii U owners.

I really liked everything about Nintendo Direct and that they focused more on Wii U more than 3DS for once but the best was the announcement of that faster Mario Kart 8 mode.

Hopefully the karts can be 200cc-type online too.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. The 200cc was just that perfect icing on the cake for me. It adds replayability to EVERY track now. Not to mention I can't wait to get home and play my sister on 200cc during the summer.

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
Wonderful 101 (believe it or not, this one of the reasons I was contemplating buying a Wii U early on)
Donkey Kong
Xenoblade
Zelda
Fatal Frame 5
FExSMT (/Persona trolol)
Bayonetta 1
Bayonetta 2
Wind Waker HD

I might have missed 1 or 2 games like New Super Mario Bros, Mario Maker, Devils Third and Nintendoland but I kinda don't rate them as highly or can't vouch for them.

Also the fact Nintendo looks like they're going to support Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 throughout this generation is honestly nuts. I hope they release a DLC 3 for MK8 in a year or two. No other developer which I know of is supporting their big titles to this extent and I respect Nintendo for recognising the loyal fanbases these titles garner.

Really not too bad for a console 2-3 years in which has "failed" this generation.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I hope they release a DLC 3 for MK8 in a year or two.

So much this!

DLC Pack 3 should definitely include proper new Battle Mode stages so that it'd actually be fun playing this mode.

Edit: "DLC Pack 3" could either be free for those that already bought DLC 1 & 2 or have a discount, I'd prefer getting it for free. :P

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much this!

DLC Pack 3 should definitely include proper new Battle Mode stages so that it'd actually be fun playing this mode.

Edit: "DLC Pack 3" could either be free for those that already bought DLC 1 & 2 or have a discount, I'd prefer getting it for free. :P
I have no problem with paying $12 for 8 tracks. Especially if it means they will actually produce them.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have no problem with paying $12 for 8 tracks. Especially if it means they will actually produce them.
It makes no sense to sell DLC #3 for the same price as the Double Pack was so at best they should offer a discount for those of us who purchased both.

DLC #1 - £7
DLC #2 - £7

So if DLC #3 were to be £7 (as is the case for the others) then the special offer price would be £3.50.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes no sense to sell DLC #3 for the same price as the Double Pack was so at best they should offer a discount for those of us who purchased both.

DLC #1 - £7
DLC #2 - £7

So if DLC #3 were to be £7 (as is the case for the others) then the special offer price would be £3.50.
You are correct I paid $12 or $13 for the DLC 1&2 combo and that is 8 tracks each for a total of 16.

That said I still would pay $12 for 8 'new tracks if they were the same quality. As long as there was not another Rainbow Road!

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't get enough of the Rainbow Roads MK8 has so I hope they'll include one more and call it a day. I'd like that to be Rainbow Road Wii.

Rainbow Road is awesome. When I play with my sister, I cruise through most of the tracks being quietly confident but when Rainbow Road comes up, shit gets real. The balance between drifting boosts, speed and when to use items becomes so much more crucial.

200cc rainbow road. I'm already scared.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Rainbow Road is awesome. When I play with my sister, I cruise through most of the tracks being quietly confident but when Rainbow Road comes up, shit gets real. The balance between drifting boosts, speed and when to use items becomes so much more crucial.

200cc rainbow road. I'm already scared.
Rainbow Road Wii at 200cc.. This might be close to impossible without falling but I'd be really interested to try it out. :P

Tsukurimashou

Trophies
XP
Country
The direct was cool, N64 and NDS virtual console is nice, Mario Kart and Sm4sh DLC were expected but still cool to see some footage and the addition of 200cc, I was expecting Animal Crossing U announcement but I guess I'll have to wait for E3
if not longer ;_;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1