Hacking [Rumors][Please Verify]It is said Geohot tried to hack 3ds..

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's what I was thinking too, but I saw the part of "webkit", so I wasn't sure if it was referring to the actual browser, the SDK for the browser (sdk = devkit, so web browser sdk might = webkit), or if it was referring to the engine the browser uses.
It's the browser, afaik.

From my stance as a developer, I know for a fact that specific CSS calls to Google Chrome are done with the -webkit- syntax, so this could very possibly be the browser :)

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the browser, afaik.

From my stance as a developer, I know for a fact that specific CSS calls to Google Chrome are done with the -webkit- syntax, so this could very possibly be the browser :)
Thanks for that information; that helps solve one question, but there is still the other question as to whether or not this rumor is true.

Reactions: Margen67

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol, Rydian and I were just talking about that( look a few posts above you). To be honest, I'm not even sure if all of the web browser's code is in those source files, only what the license requires. Don't take my word for it, since I don't know the specifics of the license.
The license is just for the rendering engine, all the other stuff (GUI, input handling, bookmarks, all that shit that's not something displayed in the page area) is theirs.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
If there's any shred of hope for a hack left, one might be pleased to note that Neimod just made an emphatic point not to update on 3dbrew:
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page/Current_events
(update: in fact, he front paged it, lol)

He even bolded the "do not update" part. Very unlike him given he usually conforms to the unemotional programmer stereotype.
/snailfacethedreamer

Reactions: Margen67 and Rydian

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
If there's any shred of hope for a hack left, one might be pleased to note that Neimod just made an emphatic point not to update on 3dbrew:
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page/Current_events
(update: in fact, he front paged it, lol)

He even bolded the "do not update" part. Very unlike him given he usually conforms to the unemotional programmer stereotype.
/snailfacethedreamer
Oh really? After getting my XL I decided to keep the original 3DS and have it on the old firmware (I don't even let it connect to my network so it can't pre-download anything either), I've kept it like that mainly because it's still compatible with AK2i, but who knows, maybe we'll get a public release it in a years time?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Oh really? After getting my XL I decided to keep the original 3DS and have it on the old firmware (I don't even let it connect to my network so it can't pre-download anything either), I've kept it like that mainly because it's still compatible with AK2i, but who knows, maybe we'll get a public release it in a years time?
I can't imagine anybody holding on to v4 for that long (if haxx takes that long). But if you have multiple systems, I don't see what the loss is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.