[Rumor] WiikeÜ ?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, most people will on here will continue to obtain games by illicit means irrespective of the general consensus on how most of the members feel about piracy. We can discuss it all day, we can discuss the morality/immorality as well, but if people are hellbent on pirating, little can be done to dissuade them.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Ray Lewis:

your theory about everything getting cheaper when there is competition does not quite work out.
what if there is NO competition? just look at the xk3y for the 360. where is the competition? the damn thing is still beyond the 100$ line! way too expensive and still NO competitors! why?
2 games > $100, so $100 < all games.

Just to add to it, I'm going to take a shot and ballpark the modchip to be between 65 and 90 dollars when it's released

I have the strangest feeling that it will be in the $150 - $200 range (original wode price (?)) Cause it seems it will be fancy with its "Stylish USB remote with powered USB hub and charger function".

But also at that price, with a uncertain future it is currently not worth it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am always wary of placing too much statistical stock in outbursts like what occurred in the thread (most vocal not necessarily most numerous, among the most vocal indulgence rates in that which they claim to wish to avoid tend to end up somewhat high and other such reasonings). Also this thread would seem to represent a small fraction of the world that is piracy/a specific instance in it (going for a drugs one I will go with something like recreational booze -- fine, recreational heroin -- less fine).

Now it might be argued that the_randomizer was deliberately meaning this sort of thing and just phrased it ambiguously but I will stand by the first sentence.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that: nintendo can only fix the ode with DRIVE REVISION (wiikey is long time work around drive emulation, and new ode are smart).
Other possibility is: ALWAYS ON internet CHECK with purchased key, some software house can use it.
GO to buy WIIU or next revision probably can't use this ODE.

Now: $$$$$$$ this are god on world ;(.

Every situation happen around CORPORATION product are thinked with this factor = MONEY

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We reached a consensus? When did that happen and by what sorcery was it achieved?

I thought I was the only one capable of having naiveté around here /sarcasm. Not everyone is happy with this news, but you weren't exactly aware of that it seems.

Now it might be argued that the_randomizer was deliberately meaning this sort of thing and just phrased it ambiguously but I will stand by the first sentence.

Who, me? So sorry my words are at eloquent as you'd like for them to be. I'll be sure to bring a thesaurus with me next time I make a post.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
hbvcd4l.jpg

Reactions: Slimmmmmm

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Competition brings prices down. One enters at $95, then a copy slightly different is $80, do first device maybe revises and must lower price, enter 3rd, 4th, etc. Going by history on other scenes here, like 360. Glanced over the rest.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the market. The X360Key had other competitors but they only had a $10-$20 price drop. So wonder what I'm going to call it.

UKey
WiiUKey
WiiKeyU

Choices, choices.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cost wise I could easily see it being 150$ being the first one out. Then maybe drop to 100-125.

I'm personally not going to even consider it until I see a review here and see how it fares update wise. I have no idea to be a guinea pig, let everybody else figure out the kinks first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning