[Rumor] Platinum Games hinting at new Metroid?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CEsH0_fWIAA6D_t.jpg

Take this one with a grain of salt. Platinum Games, the game studio who created Bayonetta 2 for Wii U, appears to have hinted at a new Metroid via a recent tweet. Some people speculate that this indeed was a hint at a new Metroid, though it could just have been a tweet to promote Bayonetta 2 since they also posted a picture of Bayonetta in a Samus suit. The tweets says:

"I'll have an Energy Tank - shaken, not stirred."

Metroid Other M was the last Metroid game released 5 years ago by Team Ninja. Since it wasn't as well received as the Prime series, people expected the next Metroid from Retro Studios, whose Facebook page has been spammed over the years by pleadings to develop Metroid Prime 4. This time it could potentially be yet another game studio to develop the next Metroid, though we know for certain that currently Retro Studios is working on something. We may know more at next month's E3 press conference.

:arrow: Source

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:unsure: ..Don't know what to think about that one... ...I guess it could be interesting if real. Retro Studios have done enough of those games already, and a new team doing new takes on the franchise (IF the team is actually good) is a better choice, the way I see it.

So, yeah! ..it could be good actually! ...they have a good base to start from, with the Prime trilogy to use as a reference. They could really do something awesome.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Things I'd expect from a Metroid game by Platinum Games:

1) Some or a lot of QTE
2) Short story mode
3) Sexualised female characters (I don't mind)
4) Fantastic gameplay
5) Great soundtrack
6) Comedy & references to other games

I'd pre-order it in a flash!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Things I'd expect from a Metroid game by Platinum Games:

1) Some or a lot of QTE
2) Short story mode
3) Sexualised female characters (I don't mind)
4) Fantastic gameplay
5) Great soundtrack
6) Comedy & references to other games

I'd pre-order it in a flash!

they usually make games with quick time event and short stories? that sucks... specially quick time events, fuck that...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not going to happen.
expect the next metroid to not include any metroids or samus aran and to be just a metroid-style game and having to pre-pay for it on kickstarter.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bayonetta 1 and Wonderful 101 had a lot of it but despite it I still very much liked them.

Wat. Some Bayonetta bosses had some QTE. Sparse if any elsewhere. Platinum Games is known for having an impeccable record for making fantastic quality, quirky games, I dunno what Platinum games you're thinking of.
If you think they use a lot of QTE, you've clearly never actually played a game with even mild use of QTE. Try Ninja Blade.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having played Bayonetta 1 and 2, this news, if true, makes me confident in Platinum Games' abilities in game making. The QTE in Bayonetta bothered me though, but it's just not my style of gameplay. Inundated with Smash Bros and Pokemon, adapting to "new" to me controls and mechanics was a stretch. Even after finishing both games, recently playing 1 again, I sucked so hard at the quick time events. I would not be as bothered if you could return to title screen and restart at a previous autosave point. Instead it always saves at the QTE, so if you die and restart, you restart the whole chapter! I got acquainted with Chapter III a lot as a result.

Also being reminded of how hard the 1st game was, the 2nd was hard too, and pretty mean on combo points, but the 2nd had a bit more breathing room. "A bit" being the operative term. Anyways, love the picture.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it, I think some people are just reading too much into it. I love Platinum, but I don't think I want them to do a Metroid game. I'm not even sure about Retro. I loved Prime, but I didn't care much for 2 or 3.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sounds more like advertisement of bayonetta 2 to me (which would be logical since IT IS THEIR OWN GAME!). But hey...speculators are going to speculate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.