Gaming [Rumor] Link's awakening remake (or sequel) coming for 3ds mid-2018

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Links Awakening in true 3D? Oh man, that'd be great.

Links Awakening (sequel?) on 3DS? Wait, I thought the Switch replaced the 3DS? :rolleyes:
not really, the 3ds is still selling
but I'd like to get one information about 3ds if its possible to have it
What percentage of 3ds sold world widely are hacked?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
not really, the 3ds is still selling
but I'd like to get one information about 3ds if its possible to have it
What percentage of 3ds sold world widely are hacked?
I was being facetious...

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if its a remake and not a sequel, they might be changing the god view to a third person view
but if its a sequel, it will be god view mode
Either way, it was my favorite zelda!!!

I'm just hoping that despite the "3/2DS" rumors, it'll be on the Switch. Grezzo is confirmed to be working on a zelda title for the Switch (Obviously a remake or remaster, if not something like this). Probably Skyward Sword tho.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either way, it was my favorite zelda!!!

I'm just hoping that despite the "3/2DS" rumors, it'll be on the Switch. Grezzo is confirmed to be working on a zelda title for the Switch (Obviously a remake or remaster, if not something like this). Probably Skyward Sword tho.
maybe who knows:creep::creep:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THE ONE ZELDA REMAKE I'VE WANTED WAS LINKS AWAKENING IN 3D!! Like in the OoT engine or something, when the N64 was around! Gah it was my fucking favorite zelda game!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The bomb arrow wasn't a glitch. It was intentional if you equipped the bomb and the arrow.

Stealing wasn't an exploit tho!

I'm surprised the game let you do it.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A sequel would be kind of weird seeing how the game ended no?
They "weirded" the fuck out of the ALBW though. Another dark-esque world, very similar to the dark world? I know they were going to make a legit remake, but decided "naw' too far into development and just bullshat out a similar world. It was almost super lazy imo, despite the many differences between Lorule and the Dark world.

I think a sequel could easily work. A return to Koholint. With a new link. Some unusual phenomena causing... you know, to... somehow... appear... nintendo magic... etc.
I don't want to spoiler for anyone who hadn't played it.
That said, fucking Phantom Hourglass got the laziest ending IMO, as it was legit a copy of LA's.

But it could also be a remake. Or even a re-imagining, so just "new" with new aspects, open world, etc. Remade for the decade.

Reactions: Ritsuki

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah. So...? It doesn't always ruin an already amazing game to change its mechanics.

It seems strange that it was your favourite ever Zelda game yet you want to change it to be played in the style of other Zelda games which you obviously enjoyed less.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems strange that it was your favourite ever Zelda game yet you want to change it to be played in the style of other Zelda games which you obviously enjoyed less.
It's not strange at all. I don't really see the logic behind your thoughts. It's like if ALttP was my favorite, and then I loved ALBW. There's really nothing wrong with changing up your favorite game. If it's anything like the transition between ALttP > ALBW, then awesome! A sequel. Or if it's the same game but with mechanical differences, or hell, let's just say they remade it in 3D, I'd still love it.

It's not strange at all to want to see your favorite game get remade, get a remaster, get a sequel, etc.

What if you loved Majora's Mask, and they completely remade it, (not just textures and shit, or from the ground up.. .a NEW game loosely or even strongly based on it) since you loved Majora's Mask, you'll probably love the new one.

There's nothing strange at all. You can have a favorite game and still want to see a redo of it. I really don't get the logic behind what you're saying.

But also... are you butter?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They "weirded" the fuck out of the ALBW though. Another dark-esque world, very similar to the dark world? I know they were going to make a legit remake, but decided "naw' too far into development and just bullshat out a similar world. It was almost super lazy imo, despite the many differences between Lorule and the Dark world.

I think a sequel could easily work. A return to Koholint. With a new link. Some unusual phenomena causing... you know, to... somehow... appear... nintendo magic... etc.
I don't want to spoiler for anyone who hadn't played it.
That said, fucking Phantom Hourglass got the laziest ending IMO, as it was legit a copy of LA's.

But it could also be a remake. Or even a re-imagining, so just "new" with new aspects, open world, etc. Remade for the decade.
So, have the island "reimagined" in some sort of way? The way LA ended didn't leave any chance for a sequel. So, if there is one it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. A Link Between Worlds just takes a world already existing and adds a few new things. Granted I thought it was lazy, and wasn't all that great.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, have the island "reimagine" in some sort of way? The way LA ended didn't leave any chance for a sequel. So, if there is one it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. A Link Between Worlds just takes a world already existing and adds a few new things. Granted I thought it was lazy, and wasn't all that great.
I don't want to post any spoilers. But again it's Nintendo. They could totally bring it back someway.
I feel like it'll be a remake as opposed to a sequel and I'd love that.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Wouldn't be my first choice for a remake. I'm sure tons of people like it but it just didn't do it for me. However, the more Zelda remakes the better in my book.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's not strange at all. I don't really see the logic behind your thoughts. It's like if ALttP was my favorite, and then I loved ALBW. There's really nothing wrong with changing up your favorite game. If it's anything like the transition between ALttP > ALBW, then awesome!

I get that; the same game with better graphics and sound... I totally get that. Put ALLTP, or Link's Awakening in ALBTW's engine and I'm all over it

A sequel. Or if it's the same game but with mechanical differences, or hell, let's just say they remade it in 3D, I'd still love it.

This is the bit I don't get. If you're putting it into the OOT engine (as was your original wish) then you're going to have to change the game beyond recognition; you're changing to a third-person perspective; the maps will need to be altered the puzzles will need to be changed, and the gameplay will be totally different. You've essentially got a totally different game with the same characters/story... I wouldn't want my favourite game in any series to become a completely different game/

What if you loved Majora's Mask, and they completely remade it, (not just textures and shit, or from the ground up.. .a NEW game loosely or even strongly based on it) since you loved Majora's Mask, you'll probably love the new one.

There's nothing strange at all. You can have a favorite game and still want to see a redo of it. I really don't get the logic behind what you're saying.

There's a different between a remake, which essentially remains faithful to the original, and a total redisign of an existing game to the point where it shares little in common other than the name. It'd be like saying "I loved Super Mario World... it would be great to see it in the Odddesy Engine".... you'd end up with a totally different game by the time everything was re-factored.

But also... are you butter?

I think I've been very pro-active in addressing this issue

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk, LA was my favorite zelda for a long time (eventually supplanted by WW, but it's still my #2). I'd love to see a redesign. Don't assume the reason someone likes a game is because of the mechanics. I don't love LA because it's a top-down zelda. I love it because of the story, the characters (I like the characters better than in any other zelda). I love the companion element where a helper character tags along with you (who doesn't wish you could keep the chain chomp for the whole game) and the power ups, and there were some great puzzles (knocking down pillars to bring the floors together in that one dungeon, etc.). Sure a redesign is a dice roll whether they'll keep the parts you liked or get rid of them, but at this point I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll make good decisions in that regard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2