Hardware [Rumor?]3DS firmware update comming March 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how DLC will be activated since games only seem to be accessing data files that are on the cartridge themselves.
But if I'm not mistaken I believe I heard somewhere that 3DS game cartridges usually have a small part of writable memory, so it's possible that it's stored there?

There's an SD card slot for that.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it's nice having the 10 GBA ambassador games on the 3DS, I seriously hope Nintendo does eventually add GBA to the eshop VC. There are a lot of other titles I'd like to have on the 3DS (for example, Advance Wars, which should have been in the ambassador 10 IMHO). Also, if GBA titles were released as retail VC games, you gotta figure they'd go a little further with the development of some extra features such as reset and "restore point" like they're doing with the NES games. On a real GBA the ol' flick-flick on the power switch to reboot the game is no big deal, but you can't do that on the 3DS.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not excited about paying for online, and that's probably what will happen.
Not necessarily... After all, 1 of the 2 major console networks (PSN) is free. Plus, unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has been doing online for quite a while for free, though not in quite as streamlined a format... They'd experience way too much backlash for it, in my opinion. At least, we can hope.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
On a real GBA the ol' flick-flick on the power switch to reboot the game is no big deal, but you can't do that on the 3DS.
Have you tested the GBA reset combo (A, B, Start, and Select at the same time, I think)? Idk if it works on the emulated ambassador versions, but it's worth a shot, right?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not excited about paying for online, and that's probably what will happen.
Not necessarily... After all, 1 of the 2 major console networks (PSN) is free. Plus, unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has been doing online for quite a while for free, though not in quite as streamlined a format... They'd experience way too much backlash for it, in my opinion. At least, we can hope.
It's been crappy because it has been free.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd just want to see the GBA border like with the GB© VC games, personally.

Ahd honestly, I still hold out hope for more borders such as the Super Game Boy ones on select games (like Kirby's Dream Land 2, if they make that VC, or Link's Awakening DX, which I believe had one as well)...

@Joostin: So you feel that the online would be better if you had to pay for it, yet you don't look forward to paying for it and believe it's gonna happen anyway. Your logic confuses me.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a real GBA the ol' flick-flick on the power switch to reboot the game is no big deal, but you can't do that on the 3DS.
Have you tested the GBA reset combo (A, B, Start, and Select at the same time, I think)? Idk if it works on the emulated ambassador versions, but it's worth a shot, right?

LOL, you're right, it works. Awkward as hell on a 3DS though.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@JoostinOnline: So you feel that the online would be better if you had to pay for it, yet you don't look forward to paying for it and believe it's gonna happen anyway. Your logic confuses me.
If it costs money, I'm sure it will improve. That doesn't mean I'm like "AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!! PLAYING ONLINE IS GONNA COST ME MONEY!" :P

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone checked the eshop recently? I wanted to know what I'm supposed to look for now that it is back up but it looks exactly the same as before, what gives I thought an updated esop was the purpose for closing it. Also no new update, not that I'm too excited as it seems to do very little for me and I dislike mandatory updates with a fervor.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='JoostinOnline']: So you feel that the online would be better if you had to pay for it, yet you don't look forward to paying for it and believe it's gonna happen anyway. Your logic confuses me.
If it costs money, I'm sure it will improve. That doesn't mean I'm like "AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!! PLAYING ONLINE IS GONNA COST ME MONEY!" :P

That was an obvious explanation I had completely overlooked. Derp.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
EShop was down for 'maintenance' which last time meant 'practice overhaul'. If all went well we shall get the update soon
Correct. The last time the eShop went down, we got the update 1 or 2 days later. Then again, it was also down in August, and we got no update.

Thread TLDR for all those who don't want to read through the last few off topic pages, nothing's changed on eShop and no firmware update (yet).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow guys, congratulations on giving me time to reply before saying "he believes his rights are infringed upon". Congratulations on proving to me that I can't take time away from the forums before someone jumps to assumptions.

I don't want GBA games that the Ambassadors got to show up on the shop at least until years down the road. I mean if we're all getting the same frickin thing, there's really nothing special to differentiate them. Sure we get them for free, but put that to the side. There won't be a "omg you're an ambassador?!?!?!?!11?!1!" type thing to show off. We get a certificate. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. But if someone buys the GBA games that are supposed to be for ambassadors, what is there to show off? Sure it sounds like a stupid argument to you guys, but for someone like me, and others out in the world, this is a big thing for collectors-wise.

I dont want to insult you ,but it is not normal to think that you are special because you own some games that only 5000000 other persons own,at least not if you are 22.

It's also probably not normal to think differently of people because they have different views.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad no update. DLC would be cool.

To the asshole arguing about how special he is because he has 20 games anyone can play on an emulator. Shut the fuck up. The ambassador shit is off topic.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I remember that:

Update 3.0.0-5: december 7 wednesday
Update 3.0.0-6: december 21 wednesday

(Here in Brazil using US 3DS)

today is Wednesday, but there a lot of Wednesdays to come so, maybe, and just maybe, it is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: