Hardware RRoD quick fix?

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My beloved Xbox just RRoD'd on me. It already e74'd before and the problems are back. Fortunately, it's still under warranty from the last time it was fixed. Unfortunately, I was on the very last boss in FF13-2!!! The game was saved onto the Xbox's little bit of internal memory. Silly me, I thought the system would work just after having it repaired :glare: Now I know to save everything to the hard drive instead. But anywho... I'm going to send it in but before I do I would like to at least get that save game off there and onto my HDD. Are there any good quick fixes that will work without voiding the warranty? I only need it to work long enough to retrieve the save. I already tried squeezing it to no avail.

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed something else. I get 3 rings but the fans don't even start. Nothing happens except for the blinking rings. I'm pretty sure this means that I can't overheat because nothing in it is actually running.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's the secondary error code?

My first suspicion is that the CPU is dead.
Only way to fix it is to send it to MS.
Or get a new one but since you're covered the sending it to MS is a better option ;p

Just make sure you say to then that you have a saved game on your internal NAND

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it is 0001 but I may not have done it right. I turned on the console, held sync and eject. All four lights flashed rapidly. I continued to hold sync nonstop and pressed eject again. 4 rapid lights again. Pressed eject again, 4 rapid lights again. I did it again and got 1 light. Again and I got all 4 lights but they were blinking slower.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo just include an message in the box saying you have irreplaceable data on the internal memory, rather then doing something that might cause the warranty to void

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0001 is a power supply issue....

I highly doubt that that's the problem tho.
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering about this. It almost makes sense. When I sent it in before I didn't send in the AC adapter so it's still the old one. The only thing that turns on is the lights almost as if nothing else is getting power. Then again, the light on the adapter is orange just like it should be. It turns green for about a second after hitting the power button and then goes back to orange. I've never seen the light on the adapter turn red. I don't know... I could try picking up a new adapter at GameStop after work tomorrow but I don't really want to blow $30 on a power adapter if it isn't going to work.

imo just include an message in the box saying you have irreplaceable data on the internal memory, rather then doing something that might cause the warranty to void
I might end up doing this. I'm worried that M$ won't be very considerate of it and just erase it anyway though.

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took it into GameStop today. They tested it with a different power adapter and worked. It really was only the power adapter :) Anyway, I bought the last AC adapter they had that matched my Xbox. Hope it lasts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte