Hacking rrod on my new board

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Son of a B%$#h, why can't i get something that works???????????? ok what is the best motherboard to look for that will take my hitachi flashed drive?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Son of a B%$#h, why can't i get something that works???????????? ok what is the best motherboard to look for that will take my hitachi flashed drive?
Huh, IIRC Hitachis only shipped on Xenons and Zephyrs.

Just get a Falcon/Jasper with a Liteon 16D2S (they're dirt cheap, usually) and be done with the crappy mobos (Xenon/Zephys) altogheter.

I spent 3 days this week trying to RGH a Zephyr with a R-JTAG chip (best chip around for Zephyrs), but the damn piece of crap wouldn't glitch for anything in the world.

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okk time to look for another motherboard, looks like i'm gonna have to get a usbpro to flash the drive, crap more money being spent.

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm leaning towards trying to get a slim cheap, where's the best place to get any kind of chip from? and will it allow me to play the backups i've burnt on disc.
i need a change from the phat's, and i am still trying to get this one somewhat running.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Voltage jumper to 1.2/1.8V?
JTAG jumper to 480?

DIP switches set?
Yep, tried every DIP switch with 1.2, RROD all the way. Nothing with Normal Voltage, some RRODs with 1.8V, but nothing anyway. DIP 7 was on all the time while 8 was off (Zephyr)

Yep, 480. Also 370. Tried with Aud_clamp and without. Also with QSB and with wires too just to be sure of my install.

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to try and reflow the ram blocks with my heatgun, this is the last resort but it's the only thing left for me to try, i did place some washers on the ram next to where the gpu chip is with a touch of thermal paste and it worked longer than before, but it's heatgun time.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I have like 13 boards behind me, varying from type to type. You want them for cash br0?

Can't spare any money atm.
But 2nd gen GPU coolers are sweet to have in stock for if you have a Kronos/Xenon ;p

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice little hint there Dinoh, i can pick both the newer coolers for about $6.00 on ebay, i was also going to get new xclamp and screws, but might wait and see what happens when i put this back together, letting it cool down now for 30 mins, just done heatgunning it lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xclamp itself isn't that bad, it's the useage of screws and washers that's bad for the board ;]

I hope it's fixed for you.
Atleast for a longwhile.
Best is to modify the fans to be on 12v ;]

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good news, the heatgun did it's job, i just heated up the ram blocks, let it cool and put it all back together and been playing hitman for about an hour, just turned it off now, i will play in small batches, give the thermal paste a chance to bond right. keep fingers crossed for me, and now i can go ahead and order that 12v fan

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sweet!
You could get some thermal adhesive and glue a few pennies together to make a little heatsink for the RAM chips (for the heat to sink in)
Lets hope you're lucky and that it holds for a while!

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anywhere that i could buy those stick on heatsinks for those chips? i have seen some mini one's on ebay but not sure if those are for those chips?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s