Homebrew Request: RPG MAKER XP Player

LordDarkNe0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys, Anyone is developing a RPG maker XP player for the 3ds? Is it viable? Will we see it anyday? I want to play Pokemon Insurgence in my 3ds! :(

PD: I don't know how to code in 3DS. (and probably I don't know how to talk good english, sorry.)

latest

LordDarkNe0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is not the same ! The rpg maker 3ds is a independent project which you can't play games created in RPG MAKER XP :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm saying a player like this, to rpg maker XP

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will not see it for years.

The EasyRPG port will be viable, but it would be so much easier if Ninjhax 2.x filesize restrictions weren't so crippling, nearly impossible to make decent homebrew. And EasyRPG only (barely) supports RPG Maker 2k/2k3 with no immediate plans for XP compatibility. So don't hold your breathe.

I can at least run it on Citra: http://imgur.com/a/sTXfe

Devs have taken a break from the 3ds port it seems. They had to do some really hacky builds to get it to work in 3dsx format.

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
but it would be so much easier if Ninjhax 2.x filesize restrictions weren't so crippling

What are the limits of Ninjahax 2? Do you mean a size limit of a single loaded file or the amount of memory NH2 has access to. I've never done Ninjahax to test. I run the homebrew I'm working on in .3DS via GW and it calls files around 2MB in size and uses around 100MB of RAM typically.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a limit problem in terms of RAM or services, though those have limits too. There is a binary size limit, fundamentally restricting game sizes. I don't know the details since I haven't researched Ninjhax (or any exploits) that much, but I have confirmed this in #3dsdev. Hopefully this can be fixed otherwised there's no hope for having any good quality homebrew.

I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work as CIA/3DS, but I personally didn't manage to run EasyRPG as CIA. Works fine in Citra but it just opens and closes on the console, sometimes crashes it.

I stopped messing with it since the time that video was posted of it working. Busy working on other homebrew stuff.

Reactions: dfsa3fdvc1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning