Root Double: Before Crime * After Days: Xtend Edition Kickstarter

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd go ahead and put this out there (it can't hurt). There's a Kickstarter for the English localization of the visual novel Root Double: Before Crime * After Days: Xtend Edition (inb4 "That's a mouthful"). It was directed by and based off of the work of Takumi Nakazawa, the director and one of the writers for the Infinity series, which includes Never 7, Ever 17, and Remember 11 (all amazing, mind-screwing visual novels). The story setup, as taken from their Kickstarter page:

The year is 2030. Business is as usual in the isolated research city of Rokumei–that is until several explosions suddenly go off in the nuclear research facility known as “LABO.” The city sends in “Sirius,” an elite rescue squad, to deal with the situation. But the situation only gets worse when LABO’s nuclear reactor melts down, sending the facility into lockdown–with members of Sirius and survivors still trapped inside. With lethal radiation leaking everywhere and not enough anti-radiation medication to last until lockdown lifts, the survivors make more and more grim discoveries. In their struggle for survival, in a deathtrap full of fire and radiation, they learn that doubt is their greatest enemy, and trust their greatest asset.

The story of Root Double features two different protagonists: Watase Kasasagi, a rescue squad captain who has lost his memories in the hours after the incident, and Natsuhiko Tenkawa, a student piecing together the clues in the six days before. The only key to survival lies in the player’s hands with the Senses Sympathy System (SSS). Unlike traditional visual novels, Root Double does not have clear cut “choices,” but rather, the game uses SSS to allow the player to manipulate the story based purely upon emotion. Your emotions projected upon the characters, particularly your trust in them, shape the progression of the story. Only with effective use of this system and completion of both protagonists’ stories can the player piece together the truth and hope to discover a way out of the facility.
b9097033723ec7ce9d56df5a559d5b47_original_png_v.png

The visual novel is to be released for Steam in both physical and digital formats, and there is also a Vita port (which is at a much higher pledge tier than the Steam copy, but obviously you'll be able to buy it at a normal price when it's actually released). The release window is currently set for April 2016. The Kickstarter goal is $135,000, and as of writing this post, there is 59 hours left with $128,025 pledged. Feel free to pledge as much as possible, and help spread the word. They have a Thunderclap page here.
Source

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd go ahead and update this, saying that they reached their initial goal and have added cheaper Vita tiers. They have a $40 one with only 87 backer slots open, and an unlimited one for $50.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love it if this came to Vita. I love visual novels and the vita is easily my favorite platform for them.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn what. Should've posted sooner, I would've thrown some dollars in a second.
Well i'll probably put down money for a copy on the paypal support thing. I just want updates on it.
Looks good, though i'd never heard of it till now.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn what. Should've posted sooner, I would've thrown some dollars in a second.
Well i'll probably put down money for a copy on the paypal support thing. I just want updates on it.
Looks good, though i'd never heard of it till now.
Honestly, I figured someone made one when it first hit Kickstarter, and towards the end of it I checked here to find the thread, but couldn't. No problem, though, because they reached their goal and people can still pledge through PayPal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup