Hacking Root access on Vita?

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all!

Awhile back, I bought the Spyro the Dragon PSone classic off the PSN for use with my PSP. I do not own a PS3.

I logged into my PSN account and noticed that the game will not download to my shiny new Vita. I am disappoint.

Anyway, I have the game backed up on my computer, and I heard that it is possible to get the game onto the system with the use of a PS3. I don't have any friends who own a PS3, either, so I can't use theirs.

I was unable to get the content manager working with game transfer, though it works just fine with music, videos, etc. I was wondering if there is any way to get root access on my Vita so it would show up in the Finder menu of my Macbook Pro OSX 10.7.1. I want to see if the game will play if I can copy it to the system. It's a shame Sony has not made the download compatible. :( Please help! Thanks!

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nop no way to get root access on your ps vita
if it was totaly hacked maybe yes but yet you would be needing 3rd part drivers for it to get the root acess,anyway the sure thing is NO

Xarsah16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any other way to get it on without hacking then? My vita is using the latest firmware to date. (I've recently been poking around the network store.)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html
https://account.sonyentertainmentne...action?cancelUrl=/cam/media/media-list.action
Also get Media Go. Using something like Parallels, VMWare or Wine (not sure about compatibility) to access Windows if you don't have access to a computer with it.

OS X blows hard with media integration be it phone, console or anything else. I'm running 10.6.8 and have Win7 on bootcamp just for this reason.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
even if you have a ps3, there are many ps1 games that can't be sent to the vita
Eeexactly. It's safe to assume that if a PSOne game is unavailable on your PSVita's PSN Store, in all likelyhood you won't be able to transfer it since transfering = re-downloading it for the other console, really.

Xarsah16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, thanks, everyone. I'll probably end up calling Sony customer service anyway, and see if I'm just not working the CMA properly or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.