Hacking ROMming on a Budget

Buretsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, here's the deal. I want to play DS Roms on my first generation Nintendo DS. I have $100, and no clue about what I'm doing.

Everytime I see what looks like it might be a good deal, it turns out I need to buy lots of other stuff in order to get it to work.

Is there any hope, or should I just say **** it and give up completely?

jaguares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say wait a couple of more week until the slot-1 solutions come out, there cheaper and have better functions that are out right now.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Consider that new DS games are around USD $30. You're investing just over the price of three. I can barely think of much more than three current games worth flashing. Maybe FF3, New SMB, Castlevania:Portrait. For me it's a wash and not having to screw with pass-me/flash-me/tickle-me ninja-SD suprl33t cards is a plus. GBA flash carts were a different matter, but I can't justify DS.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Consider that new DS games are around USD $30. You're investing just over the price of three. I can barely think of much more than three current games worth flashing. Maybe FF3, New SMB, Castlevania:Portrait. For me it's a wash and not having to screw with pass-me/flash-me/tickle-me ninja-SD suprl33t cards is a plus. GBA flash carts were a different matter, but I can't justify DS.
Off the topic, its all about taste if you can find more than three games that are worth it to you, and if I recall, those three you named cost more than 30 bucks each XD

Back on the topic Buretsu, waiting for Slot-1 would be an option, or you could go for a slot 2-lite option that has a standard gba cart as an option. But you have to answer a few questions to get a meaningful answer on whats important in a flash cart to you. Is playing GBA games important? Homebrew? External memory (ala microSD) or do you prefer internal memory. And of course you'll need a PassMe device (or a TickleMe according to Taras
smile.gif
) or if you know someone with one, they can flash your DS for you. Just read up a bit on all this and then you will be a little more educated in making a decision.

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want a SuperCard Rumble miniSD. They're $35 (plus a miniSD card, but those are cheap off of Newegg), they fit flush into the bottom of the old-style DS, and they've got 99.9% compatibility with DS games.

Score that shit, yo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: