Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

RomeR 1.0.2 Released

Command line support, better trimming

romr.gif

Kyuzumaki has sent word that he has updated his DS ROM editing program RomeR. The application can trim ROMS, edit headers and insert/replace DS icons (especially useful for homebrew games/apps).

This new version adds command line support and updates ROM trimming.

changelog said:
==Romer V1.0.2 changes==

- CLI Mode added (romer now can be run with command line options see "Using RomeR by command line.rtf" for details)

- Trimming now using more safe method

You can grab the update locally from GBAtemp below.

download.gif
Download

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good stuff Kyu.

Although I'm still wondering why Rominator never made front page, even though you [Kyuzumaki] and myself have worked together to incorporate RomeR's functionality into Rominator.

*sighs*

--Henry

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this is trivial.. but has anybody managed to give DSOrganize an icon? It depresses me that it just sits there.. all iconless. :'(
I haven't tried this new version of RomeR, but the last version blows up with errors when I try, but just on DSO.

Oh, and hankchill.. have you implemented icon handling in Rominator yet?
Both you guys are doing a top job, thanks for the efforts!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is trivial.. but has anybody managed to give DSOrganize an icon? It depresses me that it just sits there.. all iconless. :'(
I haven't tried this new version of RomeR, but the last version blows up with errors when I try, but just on DSO.

Oh, and hankchill.. have you implemented icon handling in Rominator yet?
Both you guys are doing a top job, thanks for the efforts!

Yep, I've had icon handling in Rominator for quite some time now
smile.gif
Although no homebrew support though
frown.gif

Regards.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding safer trimming I got some info from the maker of dsx-manager regarding safe trimming. Now romer leaves the extra room for the roms that append their web settings.

mthrnite did you play with the RomeR options??

I wrote some info explaining what they are for if you go for max compatability it may work. RomeR appends the icon to the end so if the homebrew uses that space then it could mess up. I would really need to talk to the maker of dsorganise to get it sorted. If i get time i'll run a check to see whats going on.

I was considering adding a blank space option so you can insert a certian amount of empty before you write the icon but I really don't know how many homebrews would benefit from that so unless i get feedback on it i'll leave it for now.
Still trying to compile a list of homebrews that RomeR works with any help appreciated
bow.gif

I'm sure you all know this but just as a side note never try to trim homebrew it will yield magical but unwanted results most likley a WSOD (white screen of doom/death)

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your rar pack has a pdb file. What is that for?

The only pdb I haved used in my life was for protein databank with pyMOL to visualized polypeptide structures. (www.pdb.org)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.