ROM Hack Rockman ZX (Mega Man ZX) - Full Undub

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So for me the game completely soft locks if you put the DS to sleep edit nevermind apparently my flashcart was just acting up.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

Mytyl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... I need to ask, is every single piece of dialogue in english? Even the random NPC dialogue in Town? I remember the Magic Fish Mix thing not working very well when it comes to content that's not related to the main story, the text was all messed up. Is it working 100%? Can I play sidequests normally?

I mean, can I literally play this like I would play the default english version with the bonus of the awesome JP dub on it? Sorry if it seems redundant, I just want to make sure there's not glitched text every here and there.

These questions are for both ZX and ZXA.

geo-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... I need to ask, is every single piece of dialogue in english? Even the random NPC dialogue in Town? I remember the Magic Fish Mix thing not working very well when it comes to content that's not related to the main story, the text was all messed up. Is it working 100%? Can I play sidequests normally?

I mean, can I literally play this like I would play the default english version with the bonus of the awesome JP dub on it? Sorry if it seems redundant, I just want to make sure there's not glitched text every here and there.

These questions are for both ZX and ZXA.
I realize this is a VERY late reply (sorry, I didn't check this thread for a very long time), but yes, you can play the sidequests, all the text in the game is in fully working state.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How the hell I wasn't aware of this??? This is huge for me, I'm a big fan of the Zero-ZX sagas, and this undub is fucking amazing, thank you very very much!!! :yay3ds:

geo-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have released a small update (v1.01) to the undub. It's not very significant, all it does is fixes a couple of cosmetic issues on Save/Load screens (see the attached pic).

I have also went ahead and added a Rockman Zero 3/4 extra bosses patch by @Prof. 9 based on a suggestion from @RaymanTheHedgehog. I haven't tested it much, but it seems to work fine together with the undub. It is optional anyway, as I've made two versions of the updated patch (see the attached files in the first post): zx_undub_1.01.zip is just the cosmetic fix, while zx_undub_1.01_zero_bosses.zip also includes the said patch from @Prof. 9. Choose which one you want to use.

Note that you have to apply the updated patch to the CLEAN rom, and NOT to the one patched with the previous version.
Also, your old save will be compatible.

Please enjoy playing.

Attachments

• zx_1.01_cosmetic_update.png
    zx_1.01_cosmetic_update.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 337
Last edited by geo-kun,

geo-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks Geo kun,the first patch worked for me but not the latest it creates a 32 megas rom can you check please?
Hi raijin. I've just checked, and the patch works correctly for me. Are you sure you're using the correct Japanese ROM and applying the patch to the clean ROM, not to the previously patched one?

geo-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't plan on doing that. My intention for these patches was specifically to make the text and the graphics consistent with the Japanese audio. I simply don't see a point in having it any other way and don't wanna put in the work to make an optional version that would be, to my personal taste, inferior, and also defeat the whole purpose of what I worked on (and undo a huge part of that work). It's just not something I'm interested in.

Let this post also be a response to all the displeased comments all over the internet that I've seen over the years since the release of the patch. Many people were unhappy with the decision of restoring the Japanese terminology, and, to all those people, I'm sorry the patch isn't the experience you'd prefer. But it wasn't really made with the majority's preferences in mind. It was made how I and some of my close friends wanted to experience these games, and then also shared with the world, because why not, maybe somebody out there will also enjoy it. Just wanted to clarify all this after all these years.

JosefaMaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Geo, I'm sorry for the ingratitude of some people. Translate to English: Regarding the original terms, I always dreamed of this, and I thank you immensely for it. This experience you've brought us is the true and original experience. I wish the Spanish version also had what you did.

Reactions: geo-kun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end