Hacking Ripping music from DSiWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to rip DSiWare tracks? I like the Alt-Play music a little too much.
smileipb2.png

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
plug a cable from the headphone jack on the 3DS to the line--in/mic jack on your computer, use some audio software to record it.
This. Any electronics store will carry this type of cable.

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to rip music directly from DSiWare binaries, I'm afraid that's not possible because they are encrypted and you can't dump DSiWare the same way you can with WiiWare.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
i actually did this already, using this method. you'll need better recorders though, if you want high quality. Audacity was good, but leaves much quality wise.

Audacity should be fine, but there could be a problem with cheaper wires/the audio input on your PC. Most PC sound cards (aside from "professional" ones) weren't designed to capture high fidelity sound from their mic port. Therefore they may lack the proper range (most, for example, are only designed to capture mono sound).

ChatMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump, as I am curious about the possibility of this with modern tools. Lord knows I have tried everything.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bump, as I am curious about the possibility of this with modern tools. Lord knows I have tried everything.
Do you have reading problems? The rules outright state not to bump threads or necrobump threads. The last reply was in 2011. You would be better off making a new thread asking about this than to necrobump threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: