RiME launching on May 26, Switch version coming later

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    maxresdefault-21.jpg

Developer Tequila Works and publisher Grey Box, Six Foot has announced that their upcoming title, RiME, a single-player puzzle/adventure game will be releasing for PS4, XB1, and PC on May 26, 2017. A Nintendo Switch version will also be coming shortly afterwards, retailing for $39.99/£39.99 both physically and digitally. RiME's puzzles will revolve around trying to get past obstacles by using strategy instead of weapons, and being able to use the enviroment to your advantage.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Press Inbox

2. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Watched a gameplay video of RiME and it looked awesome, it's like a mix of The Last Guardian & Journey. I'll try to pre-order if I can find a deal on it. :)

3. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Ok, someone want to explain why the hell the Switch version is going to be $10 more? I can understand needing a little more time to release on it, but doing that combined with it being more expensive is just asking for failure, almost purposefully....

4. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    It's on a game card? Can't think of another reason.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is also a bit more expensive on the Switch than it is on PS4.

5. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    But it's not just physically. It's digitally too at the same $10 increase. As it is, there's DQH 1&2 that together is $60 on Switch, where just the second one on PS4 is the same price.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  6. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    The publisher of RiME has given a (weak) response to the $10 more backlash.

http://nintendoeverything.com/grey-box-on-why-rimes-switch-version-costs-more/

That really doesn't say much.

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  7. ned

ned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2014
    Look odd like it's running with a restricted colour palette, one solid rather than a gradient to show pits, cracks and
    crevasses that or the overdone bloom has washed out all the detail in the cell shading.

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I hope it doesn't start a trend of, it can be used as a handheld therefor development cost more, but it probably because the Switch can be used as a portable.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  9. osaka35

osaka35 Sleepy

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    puzzle oriented gameplay with a fun aesthetic? Sign me up. Hopefully they're clever and fun puzzles.

10. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Not got a switch (yet - waiting for more games released) but this is one I may just get when I do, especially after watching Botw videos
    - the shrines in that seem very basic/simple & not like traditional Zelda games, & I'd like SOME type of puzzles to keep the old brain working...

... Somehow the 'Boy running around solving puzzles' seem very 'Last Guardian-ish' to me though

11. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    That's a sensible response and he should have stated that himself. RiME on the Switch will basically be a cross-platform-ish since it's playable as a home console game and as a handheld game.

12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    RIME was a game I was interested in, but it's been in development for years and we even thought it was vaporware.
    Last year Sony cut the resources and left the studio alone because they weren't capable of delivering a single progress.
    I thought they were dead and the "preview" we got was really just a pre-rendered video of a game-looking world.

I'll wait for its release, maybe a beta? we can always hope :P

13. LichbannMejolaro

LichbannMejolaro GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2017
    Brazil
    I really hope that this is good. I miss good puzzle games, they're so rare. Is like Portal 2 a year, Talos Principle in other, The Witness. Is like isn't allowed for the world to have 2 good puzzle games in a year.

14. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I've only seen that trailer but I couldn't have been more bored.
    Hope the actual game is a bit more interesting. All the trailer showed was a walking sim with lite puzzle mechanics.