• Likes 35

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESpr6Ue.png

This was hidden in the part of the Cat Machine / Meow Mixer that is normally off screen and not visible. I have no idea what it means, but it looks neat.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should check out The Cutting Room Floor! We shuffle through videogames and find all sorts of neat and unused stuff just like this :)

Yep! I think someone was looking to do a more thorough Tengoku article a year-ish ago, but at that point we couldn't extract graphics and I've since lost contact with the person. At least there's more on the page now than there was when he/she asked.

Here are a few more (screenshotted from an emulator rather than ripped).

JtvqaGT.png

http://imgur.com/JtvqaGT,KpvT2sq,cEGjfRT,FBLCe5k,nTFra8J,BoAxmfN,qF3e9pR

Reactions: Celice

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ESpr6Ue.png

This was hidden in the part of the Cat Machine / Meow Mixer that is normally off screen and not visible. I have no idea what it means, but it looks neat.
Amazing. Love seeing these types of things. Celice, that's an amazing wiki.

Translations:
"We'll use OBJs for the buttons" (I think).
"Ears are speakers."

I guess these were left there for the graphic artists so they knew what to make and how to make it (in GBA terms, an OBJ is a sprite, I believe.)

Reactions: Celice

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we're trying to decide what the English lines for Marcher 1 should be. As far as I can tell, the syllable breakdown is this:

Turn: two syllables, Right: one, Left: one, March (for both start and stop): two, Start: one, halt: one.

SirNiko has suggested this:

Turn: Attention
Right: Turn Right
Left: Turn Left
March: Company...
Start: March!
Halt: Halt!

I suggest this, to keep more in line with the syllables of the original:

Right: Right
Left: Left

Turn and March have more freedom than the other four lines because they're just setting up a command. Right/left/start/halt are all supposed to be followed by player input, so they should be kept close to the Japanese version.

It doesn't really matter much, but it sounds like the commander in Marcher 2 is saying some different words compared to the commands in Marcher 1. I obviously don't know Japanese so any help on this would be nice.

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya folks,

We seem to have figured out how to edit the sounds in the game. We can insert WAV files, though we need files to work with. There are a total of twelve sound effects:

Right: Right
Left: Left

With each effect repeated for the female commander in the second Marcher game.

If you are interested in producing a set of WAV files, please send me a message and I would be happy to give you some further direction. I recommend simply playing the game to get a feel for the pitch and speed of the commands. If you can only do one set (male or female voices) that's cool too, send us in the one you can do. What and I might be a little harsh on quality, so we might send in for retakes if you're good but not great. Obviously, if we use your recording in the game we'll credit you (and your voice actor, if you are different people) in the Welcome e-mail.

Send me a message if you're capable of providing some WAV clips.

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with the fireworks technician voice? I think it doesn't need to be replaced. (well, maybe the woman only). If that's the case I think "It's a ball~" suits better.
Everything else is fine, I think you did a good work with the localization. :)

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with the fireworks technician voice? I think it doesn't need to be replaced. (well, maybe the woman only). If that's the case I think "It's a ball~" suits better.
Everything else is fine, I think you did a good work with the localization. :)

The technicians are, as far as I know, saying real Japanese words / phrases. That's why I think they should be translated.

SuperFlorian12

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I just registered.

You did a very good job with this translation so far! I love it.
I havn't read the whole thread yet but it seems like you are going to replace the sound effects, right?
I want to ask you something about this.

Are you going to use sounds from the other Rhythm Heaven games when possible?

For exemple:
Mr. Upbeat is in Rhythm Heaven Fever. You could use the sounds from there.
The same sounds are used in Karate Man's Training.

In Fireworks' Training is something similar ("One, Two, Three, GO!")
Of course Firework is not in any other game but I guess sounds from Cheer Readers might work.

Reactions: W hat

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheer Readers is not similar enough to the Fireworks audio. If we do end up translating Mr. Upbeat (it's not on our list right now), we could look at the Wii version's audio.

Reactions: SuperFlorian12

kubikill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you going to release tools you used to translate this game and the source code with the translation?
I have some interest to translate this game into Polish.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to release tools you used to translate this game and the source code with the translation?
I have some interest to translate this game into Polish.

Done.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/rhythm-t...thm-heaven-silver.330147/page-15#post-4858879

Special Polish characters are not supported by the font that we added. They could be added, but you have to know how. Auryn posted some information in this thread:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14718.0.html WARNING: This thread will be deleted one year after its last post has been made. Right now, the last post was made in June 2013, so it will be deleted in ONE MONTH!

D

Deleted User

I have an idea for dubbing the songs if we ever got around to it. We could use Vocaloid, and I do have it, but it's understandable if you don't want Miku singing the Bon Odori. :P

D

Deleted User

I think I can pull off voice acting for Cyan without sounding annoying. I've been a long-time Rhythm Heaven fan and would love to be a part of this translation!
I also agree that the Japanese songs should be left as they are. The RH team did the same thing with the songs in WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames, and it turned out fine.

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using some semi-professional voice actors I met through a connection at my job, but if anyone wants to provide voice acting, feel free to send in a recording. One long MP3/4 is fine. All I do is put it in Audacity to cut it apart. You can just send it to me or What through the message system and we'll move ahead from there.

I think we're set for marcher voices, but feel free to send one in anyway if you want to give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters