Hardware RGB cable

Lacrimosa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I use a PAL Wii on my CRT 29'' tv.

Will I see a difference if I change the composite cable with the RGB cable? If yes, does it worth to spend 30 euros?

I couldn't find anywhere a site that has pictures or some info, or a post in here that can help me...

Lacrimosa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I'm aware of that page. The problem is that this is a comparison between component and composite cables. I'm asking about RGB cable.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

How different is RGB with component?

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently bought a Joytech Scart cable to replace the composite cables.

There is a difference in quality, only slight, but it is better.

This is the one I got, £10 including postage:
http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/3431649/-...&searchsource=0

I also found it was better to plug this in direct to my tv, looked better than when I used my scart switch box.

So for a tenner I would say it was worth getting, esp if you're not planning on getting an HD tv for a while yet...

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In complete agreement. I'm using the official rgb scart cable and the picture is a lot better than the composite cable that comes with the wii.

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also found it was better to plug this in direct to my tv, looked better than when I used my scart switch box.

hmm, i was thinking about this and read some reviews and found that some tvs have a 1 x full rgb scart socket and 1 not so good scart socket that shows composite quality only. I plugged my switch box into the other scart socket I had my wii in and now everything looks great. so I've got all going via switch box, and nothing in the dodgy scart socket.

learn something new every day
smile.gif
I'm just adding this since maybe a few others weren't aware.

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

hmm, i was thinking about this and read some reviews and found that some tvs have a 1 x full rgb scart socket and 1 not so good scart socket that shows composite quality only. I plugged my switch box into the other scart socket I had my wii in and now everything looks great. so I've got all going via switch box, and nothing in the dodgy scart socket.

learn something new every day
smile.gif
I'm just adding this since maybe a few others weren't aware.

Also worth noting that a lot of the time you have to tell your telly to use the rgb input instead of composite for each scart socket - it's usually buried in the menu's somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.