Hardware Revo K101 Plus Review!

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there! Welcome to my second review, the review of a Revo K101 Plus that I have received recently! I don't have time to sit down and type it all out at once, so I will be trying to just edit this post to add more information when I have time!

(Note, I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with the Revo team. I am just a 16 year old guy who ordered this as a way to play my GBA games and GBA hacks on the go. I will try my best to keep this review as un-biased as possible. Also please let me know if something doesn't make sense, or is improper grammar. I am trying my best to re-read everything I write, but i'm not perfect!)

Information About The Device

For those of you who don't know, the Revo K101 Plus is a device that has "recently" come out about a half a month ago. I say "recently" because it has actually been out for a while. The only way to get one was to buy them in large quantities at once, and it was very hard to find one on it's own. They finally decided to start selling them separately! I believe they started taking pre-orders in early February, but I am not 100% sure on that. I pre-ordered mine at the end of March.

Their Website

I'll write this soon (within the next few days)!

Customer Support

Shipping

The Device!

(Sorry for not getting much of the review done. I have to go. I'll work on it more later tonight)

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry guys! I just don't seem to have the time to finish this review! If you want a full review, check out this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/k101-revo-official-gbatemp-review.339019/

To answer a few questions i've gotten:

1. The save problems are 100% fixed (as far as I can tell, tested it out to try to get it to not save and couldn't get it to not save).
2. I haven't ran into any slowdown on any game so far (haven't tested too many though)

A few issues with the device:

1. The screen. It's covered by plastic, not normal glass, so you need to be very careful about where you leave it.
2. I was having major issues loading images into the device for the background and the bootup screen. It turns out it was my SD reader, which is odd, but just a heads up, might not work with yours either.

Other than that I am extremely happy with the device. If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I will answer, but I just can't commit the time I thought I could to the review! Sorry!

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry guys! I just don't seem to have the time to finish this review! If you want a full review, check out this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/k101-revo-official-gbatemp-review.339019/

To answer a few questions i've gotten:

1. The save problems are 100% fixed (as far as I can tell, tested it out to try to get it to not save and couldn't get it to not save).
2. I haven't ran into any slowdown on any game so far (haven't tested too many though)

A few issues with the device:

1. The screen. It's covered by plastic, not normal glass, so you need to be very careful about where you leave it.
2. I was having major issues loading images into the device for the background and the bootup screen. It turns out it was my SD reader, which is odd, but just a heads up, might not work with yours either.

Other than that I am extremely happy with the device. If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I will answer, but I just can't commit the time I thought I could to the review! Sorry!

First of all, I am sorry to hear that you can not continue your review for k101+.

For the screen, it is covered by the screen protector. It is for protecting the screen and avoid the dusk drop inside it. If you do not intend to drop the device onto the ground, then it is hard to break the screen. It is tough.

For the images used for background, make sure its pixel at 320x240 in JPG.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte