Gaming Revo K101- Gamepic images not displaying for certain titles?

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find the follwing titles do not display Gamepics in the Revo K101 main menu screen.

Boktai
Boktai 2
Drill Dozer

I'm not sure why, I've tired checking the image folders and using a rom tool to verify the headers are being read so the serial numbers match the image file names. Everything seems to be fine, but it's just not working...

Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the first 2 games require special hardware, so if you are running them i assume you patched them. that patch could have changed the ID that the gamepic code is referencing. with that said, the gamepic option is not perfect. some homebrew use the same id's as retail games, so they receive the wrong images. other games simply did not get an image displayed, i assume the "master list" was never 100% updated. i had made a suggestion to the firmware developer (via k1gbasp) that the code should use CRC values, but it was never updated.

to answer your question... yes, everyone will have the same problems. you are not alone. as support for the device was basically dropped a few months after its release, i wouldn't expect an update anytime soon.

-another world

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the first 2 games require special hardware, so if you are running them i assume you patched them. that patch could have changed the ID that the gamepic code is referencing. with that said, the gamepic option is not perfect. some homebrew use the same id's as retail games, so they receive the wrong images. other games simply did not get an image displayed, i assume the "master list" was never 100% updated. i had made a suggestion to the firmware developer (via k1gbasp) that the code should use CRC values, but it was never updated.

to answer your question... yes, everyone will have the same problems. you are not alone. as support for the device was basically dropped a few months after its release, i wouldn't expect an update anytime soon.

-another world

Why did they drop the support?
I was contemplating on buying one at the end of the month but reading about the save error and now that they dropped the support makes me a sad puppy.

Is it still worth it, i know it's a individual question......... but is it still worth the money?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
we will never know. perhaps their intentions were to buy the SoC, package it, make their money back plus a bit more, and then move on. from the start their small team seemed to care about the product. the original sp design received some great updates, including some game fixes. they even seemed to try to fix the save issue, at least 1 firmware was released that attempted to fix it. at this point your guess is as good as mine. perhaps they are too busy to work on the product, perhaps they just don't care. whatever the reason, it is clear that they have moved on. we have not heard anything from them for many months, no news, information, updates, etc.

its a great little system that gets so much right. it is one of the best gba "clones" i have ever used. it isn't perfect, some games have issues, the save problem still exists, sound has some problems, etc, but for the money you should get a lot of enjoyment out of it. you can combat the save issue by doing 1 of 2 things. 1. open a 2nd game, save it, and then power off. so the lost save is for the 2nd game, and not the one you care about. 2. after you save, eject the kcard before you power off. while these may not be the ideal work-around, they seem to work.

-another world

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Let's hope they miraculously start supporting it again. Guess I'll jump on the GCW0 conga train.

Thank you for replying and for the save workaround advice

ChachachachachachachaCHA!
;)

maxzhou88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hi.baidu.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
the K101 save problem has been solved and new firmware has been updated.

http://kteam.ys168.com/ K101_K_FW_2014-04-22(PID00620601).rar (save bug fixed)

For older firmware, when the power shut down in game and the green LED turn off, if you hold the power button for 2 ~ 3 seconds , there will not be a save problem(Some TF's speed is too low, it cause saving issues) . This is a theoretical basis for new firmware to solve the save problem.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Boktai and Boktai 2 and Drill dozer still work on Revo ya? How about Boktai 3?
Yes, all these three games can work on REVO K101 PLUS.

By the way, the new version crystal k101+ had been in stock now. We improved a lot on the D-pad. You can check it here for more details:

http://www.k1gbasp.com/stock-revo-k101-plus-cyrstal-black-blue-clear-p-47.html

revo-101-black-crystal-2.jpg

Revo-k101-plus-crystal-clear.jpg

crystal-blue-revo-k101-plus.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.