Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Revised NinjaPass X9 Review

Official GBATemp Review

After patiently waiting for Team Ninjapass to develop their flash card software for many months, the time has finally come to revisit and re-review this flash card for the masses to read and converse about. Much has changed on the software side of things. Yes, it did gain a better score than my prior review. Just how well did it improve? Is it worth purchasing now? To get these answers, take a moment and read it here.

euqiddis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have it, i bought it as soon as it was released, and never had a problem, so for me it perfect, esp with the new loader ( v1.1)and DIDL support.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
It's better than before, I'd say it's about SCDS1 level now.

- Sam

Minus the battery needed on SCDS1 for save backup
rofl2.gif

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The score is 6.5 so it varies as average still it has a neet function to determin the card speed which is good i would like to see that in other card brands.
all of the cards do it automatically....this is by far the worst card on the market..I don't know how any of you guys can say its any good

it is trash, bottom line

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
The score is 6.5 so it varies as average still it has a neet function to determin the card speed which is good i would like to see that in other card brands.

all of the cards do it automatically....this is by far the worst card on the market..I don't know how any of you guys can say its any good

it is trash, bottom line

How so?

It runs pokemon fine, it does homebrew fine, it creates saves, doesnt need dsrom.lst anymore

Now all it needs is that wifi transfer app
smile.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Sucks" is a very strong term. Back when it debuted, yes, I could concur with such a label. Now? "Basic" is the word that comes to mind. Again, versus other cards, yes, this one is on the lower rungs of the ladder. However, its present form is nothing like how some slot-2 cards were back in the day. Need I remind you of the earlier NEOFlash models? X9 gets the job done ROM and homebrew wise. So does every other slot-1. Let's cease with the harsh terms about it. Besides, if you want to attack it, aim at the hardware design like I did. Put some meat on your argument rather than resorting to crude words.

Impetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for animalsex, buying the ninjapass was one of his/her biggest mistakes.

For me, despite it falling behind the M3 simply/R4, it is still a pretty good slot 1 solution. All games work (im pretty sure cars is fixed, just no one has bothered updating the wiki) and the extremely simple GUI means I can immediately go into a game.

The only thing is...unlike the R4/M3, the ninjapass is microSD card dependant. Similar to supercard's slot 1 solution. Game performance may have longer loads (not much, but noticable) if your card isnt fast enough. Heck, im using a sandisk ultra II and it has a faster write speed than the kingston, yet I can only run games on medium.

For some, the frustration of save corruption made them give up their ninjapass for the R4 and they'd probably never return ^^"

Personally I rate it 8/10, but keeping in mind the concerns others have, a 7/7.5 would probably be the average rating for most people.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All games work (im pretty sure cars is fixed, just no one has bothered updating the wiki)
I tested the last OS. Cars was still freezing or not saving. 2 games not working out of over a thousand is still a good sign. I've already given it away to a fellow staff member here, so I hope they enjoy it. I'm quite happy with some of my other flash cards (see my Wiki).
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1