Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

HY0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I followed all the steps and got YSmenu to boot up, but when I try to open my ROM, i get a "Unsupported DLDI name" error. I have the dldi.dat on the root of my SD card and I formated the SD card before trying. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

I am using a R4 SDHC Dual-Core on my 3DS system and am trying to run the English Patch of Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem which is supported on the list.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I followed all the steps and got YSmenu to boot up, but when I try to open my ROM, i get a "Unsupported DLDI name" error. I have the dldi.dat on the root of my SD card and I formated the SD card before trying. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

I am using a R4 SDHC Dual-Core on my 3DS system and am trying to run the English Patch of Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem which is supported on the list.
dldi.dat goes inside the TTMenu folder :)

HY0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dldi.dat goes inside the TTMenu folder :)
Thanks, but it didn't work :(
is it "r4dldi.dat" or just "dldi.dat"? if it's just dldi.dat, then i think i'm missing that file :0

I heard a lot of people were getting the "Unsupported DLDI name" error, is there a solution to that?

Last edited by HY0,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but it didn't work :(
is it "r4dldi.dat" or just "dldi.dat"? if it's just dldi.dat, then i think i'm missing that file :0

I heard a lot of people were getting the "Unsupported DLDI name" error, is there a solution to that?
I think it's r4dldi.dat, but every .dat file (except for TTMenu.dat) goes in the TTMenu folder...

DevilGlen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.

I have same issue as Geninchuni.
I have r4i sdhc card from www.r4i-sdhc.com, i've been trying to get ysmenu on that card but i just ccan't do it ...
I've read about YSauto but i couldn't find it anymore. I've been searching for informations for past 6 hours but there is nothing that works.
Every single time i put other version of YSmenu i have this damn white screen with following icon:

I just give up, i have no other ideas. I really want to find some kind of kernel that will work with newer games, oryginal one is not supported for quite a long time.

I beg you, help.

Cheers

ps. if you want any photos or screenshots let me know, i will upload it as soon as possible

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DevilGlen Did you try my patched r4.dat in my previous post? Get that and the contents of the R4i-SDHC folder from retrogamefan's multicart update and put them on your SD.

Last edited by Sleet,

cornfarva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have what I believe is an R4i White Dual Core from www.r4isdhc.com (purchased years ago) and I'm having some trouble with it. My goal is to use it with TWLoader with the YSMenu stuff posted here because I'm not having much luck with anything else. I've been testing it using an old DS fat to make sure everything works before trying to configure TWLoader (just gave me white screens on 3ds after the Nintendo DS splash screen when I tried loading it through TWLoader). I am using the latest stable Luma 3DS cfw.

Here is a picture of the card in case I'm wrong: http://i.imgur.com/Vj3QObL.jpg

When inserted in a 3DS/DS it shows up as a Spongebob Squarepants game by THQ

There is no identifying information on the back of the card (except for the "SDHC" on the PCB). There has only been one firmware/kernel combination that I've been able to get it to work with (the www.r4isdhc.com site doesn't exist anymore), found here: http://www.r4isdhc.com.cn/showDownload.asp?id=12

The r4isdhc.com.cn link is the only thing that's made it boot past "Loading..." and into a screen where I can select things from a menu. The problem is that none of the text in the menu shows up, and whenever I select an .nds file (any nds file, I've tried a bunch), it freezes.

Whenever I try to load an nds file, it does create a .sav so it's trying to do something but it's just not working. Also, downloading the "White-2013" archive from the r4isdhc.com.cn site gives me a "Data Error" on the usercheats.dat file, but only that file. This seems to suggest to me that the hosted download is corrupt in some way, but I just really don't know. I've tried downloading the files on two separate computers and both result in the data error.

I've tried using two different microsd cards, and each time I have formatted them using the Panasonic SD Formatter with Full (overwrite) and size adjustment enabled.

Here is the file structure for my SD card. It seems strange that there's both a _ds_menu.dat and a _DSMENU.dat but it doesn't load at all without both of them there. http://i.imgur.com/MZrDSdq.png

When I try to load YSMenu alongside the original firmware/kernel, it gives the same problem as before. Able to select it, but it just locks up and goes no further. I've used R4i-sdhc folder from the multicart update and the files in the DAT2 folder from the DAT update zip. Am I doing something wrong here? I saw that there was a post about an edited R4.dat file to use YSMenu as the primary kernel but I can't figure out how to do that seeing as I don't have an R4.dat. I'm comfortable with hex editing whatever I need to (according to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ysmenu-for-r4-sdhc.187663/ ), but I just don't know which file to edit with the configuration I've got.

I've got a DSTT on the way, but I was hoping I could get this working to keep as a spare. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone set me straight? Sorry for the long reply, I just wanted to give as much information as I could.

Last edited by cornfarva,

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hi, I have what I believe is an R4i White Dual Core from www.r4isdhc.com (purchased years ago) and I'm having some trouble with it. My goal is to use it with TWLoader with the YSMenu stuff posted here because I'm not having much luck with anything else. I've been testing it using an old DS fat to make sure everything works before trying to configure TWLoader (just gave me white screens on 3ds after the Nintendo DS splash screen when I tried loading it through TWLoader). I am using the latest stable Luma 3DS cfw.
You need this menu:
http://www.r4isdhc.hk/download_white_new/index.htm
but unfortunately link seems to be dead. You can try menu from 2013 version, maybe it'll boot:
http://www.r4isdhc.hk/download_white_new2013/index.htm
And if it does work DO NOT try to run YSmenu on that card, its based on hacked wood r4 and YSmenu will delete its bootloader. You can only use official menu on these cards.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, has anyone figured out why Pokemon Black/Black2 and White/White2 don't work for some but works fine for others? I've been browsing the internet for a while, and can't find anything...

Nerone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I recently found a pink DS lite, with an R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), after a few tries i found the right kernel for it: R4 SDHC _R4 1.34. i tried to install the right retrogamefan data from the R4 SDHC folder but i'm stuck in a perpetual loading screen. Can someone help me?

http://imgur.com/yEP8Osp

Last edited by Nerone,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found a pink DS lite, with an R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), after a few tries i found the right kernel for it: R4 SDHC _R4 1.34. i tried to install the right retrogamefan data from the R4 SDHC folder but i'm stuck in a perpetual loading screen. Can someone help me?

http://imgur.com/yEP8Osp
What's the website on the card?

Nerone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been testing the whole Pokemon Black/Black2/White/White2 issues, I don't think it has to do anything with the roms themselves; but rather the way they save. I'm using a genuine class 10 MicroSD from Sandisk, formatted to @retrogamefan's specifications. What I've found is:
1. AP patching and trimming don't help
2. Call of Duty Black Ops saves the same way, and crashes...

My other theory is that it also might be the card's fault. I've heard that the games run fine on R4iSDHC cards from r4i-sdhc.com, but my card is from r4isdhc.com and the games don't work. Even though my card is a clone of the one from r4i-sdhc.com, it should run the games fine. However, that doesn't seem to be the case.... This second explanation is based just off of my own personal thoughts, and I don't have as much evidence to support it yet; however, it could still be a possibility...

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to see if you can add anything to my speculations :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm Sorry, i don't know, it's not written on the card, and i don't have the box but in linfoxdomain i've discovered that It could be : R4 SDHCndslr4.com, r4sdhc.comLatest 2010: v2.10T07 R4i: v2.07 R4: v1.34 .

The R4 v 1.34 actually works, i've used this firmware http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4SDHC_R4_v1.34_English.rar
I just looked, YSMenu won't work on that card due to the fact that it's wood-based. Sorry fam...

Last edited by BARNWEY,

Nerone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been testing the whole Pokemon Black/Black2/White/White2 issues, I don't think it has to do anything with the roms themselves; but rather the way they save. I'm using a genuine class 10 MicroSD from Sandisk, formatted to @retrogamefan's specifications. What I've found is:
1. AP patching and trimming don't help
2. Call of Duty Black Ops saves the same way, and crashes...

My other theory is that it also might be the card's fault. I've heard that the games run fine on R4iSDHC cards from r4i-sdhc.com, but my card is from r4isdhc.com and the games don't work. Even though my card is a clone of the one from r4i-sdhc.com, it should run the games fine. However, that doesn't seem to be the case.... This second explanation is based just off of my own personal thoughts, and I don't have as much evidence to support it yet; however, it could still be a possibility...

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to see if you can add anything to my speculations :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just looked, YSMenu won't work on that card due to the fact that it's wood-based. Sorry fam...
Thank you so much barnwey, if it's wood based, that means i can install the wood kernel? Do you the most compatibile with my flashcart? I'm so Sorry i'm bothering you but i'm kinda noob and this forum feels like the only one where i can found some answer.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much barnwey, if it's wood based, that means i can install the wood kernel? Do you the most compatibile with my flashcart? I'm so Sorry i'm bothering you but i'm kinda noob and this forum feels like the only one where i can found some answer.
I think you should be able to install the wood kernel... And it's no problem, many on this forum (including myself) are very willing to help :)

D

Deleted User

That's not what I'm saying at all! It works great! It just has some trouble with DSi-Enhanced games on some cards... However, I would primary boot YSMenu because the original firmware has a timebomb in it... It will not work after a certain date, but it is removed if you set the date back. So, here are my suggestions:

1. Dual-Boot the original firmware (Primary) and YSMenu (Secondary) until the day comes that you have to use option 2
2. Primary boot YSMenu, and have the original firmware as an nds file that you can launch (For DSi-Enhanced games, Sometimes doesn't work right)
3. Get a Class 10 micro SDHC (sometimes helps some cards run DSi-Enhanced games, didn't work for me :sad:)

There are my suggestions. If you go with the first method, let me know so I can teach you how to assign YSMenu to the multi-media button (makes dual-booting easier.) Let me know if you have any questions, as this is can be a lot to take in.
Do you by any chance know if primary booting YSmenu then duel booting into your stock firmware can bypass the timebomb?That second method works for me so its pretty good,I just have no idea if duel booting can bypass my potential timebomb since I'm still on a 2017 card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1