Retrode on the Original Xbox?

Viva La Fegel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a female-USB to Xbox controller port in plans to softmod my original Xbox. Along with that, I am planning to purchase the Retrode 2. Since the Retrode converts cartridges to rom files to enable play on emulators, is there any way to hook up the device via the female-USB to Xbox adapter and play it on the system, probably through XBMC? I know that certain flash drives must be under 4GB when hooked up to the Xbox, but the game carts only range from a few kigabytes to a few megabytes. Any knowledge or advice about this would be great as I am trying to make the Xbox into the system that can 'legally' play mostly anything.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The xbox USB handling is not good, if you were playing with something like a USB dev kit (possibly even something like the teensy line of dev boards) then I am sure you could make it. However if it does not work out of the box then you have no real hope of getting much done.

Back when people might have been inclined to do something but these days when the easier option is buy a raspberry pi, and probably get a better experience for doing so, or something similar then few people do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things