Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should set up Playlists rather than use Favourites, with Playlists you get the correct names for MAME Games without having to rename them ;)

Sad you got a Memory Error though.. Was hoping they were finally eradicated for good :/

I don't know how to setup playlists. :-( is there a step by step guide?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you've changed the Menu Driver to GLUI and restarted..
Goto Settings>User Interface>Appearance and set the Menu Color Theme to "Shield" and DPI Override Enable to "ON" and DPI Override to "300"
Then Restart again. :)

Ooh, I thought I had to change to XMB itself (or rather, I thought it was one of the options)? Also, I believe the user above your post needs help with playlists :P

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how to setup playlists. :-( is there a step by step guide?
tuto_ra_thumb_pl-png.96632

You can use the PC tool Playlist Buddy. It's a pain to initially setup up but once you do creating lists are a breeze ;)

Reactions: infidelity

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What is the option 'All users Control Menu' supposed to do? I thought it let every player connected navigate through retroarch menu when disabled. I tried both enabling it and disabling it but it doesn't make any changes. So what does it do?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the option 'All users Control Menu' supposed to do? I thought it let every player connected navigate through retroarch menu when disabled. I tried both enabling it and disabling it but it doesn't make any changes. So what does it do?
It's like you said.. It allows all controllers to control the Menu.. but it has to be enabled not disabled

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I see now :)
But still something it's little confusing/annoying.
Let's say I have player 1 (gamepad) and player 2 (wiiupro) connected. I can navigate the menu using any of them now. good.
Now I'm gonna play a single player game but I'd like to use the wiiupro as player1 so yeah I know how to set that. Options are clear. The thing is that the wiiu gamepad is not going to control the menu anymore since it won't be set as any of the players. Then if you end your playing session and didn't change the configuration back to default (say gamepad as player1) you are screwed if you pick up the gamepad to play again later and don't have the pro controller anywhere near. (having to connect sd card to pc and delete the config file then re inserting sd card into console...relaunch retroarc...bblablabla shouldn't be a thing).
My point is that the option should let any control 'synced' to the console that is turned ON (not necessarily set as one of the players) control the menu. That would make it less confusing and less tedious to set up playing sessions. That way we will avoid pressing the wrong button on the dpad making us select 'disabled' on the control we're using by mistake.

Last edited by september796,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I see now :)
But still something it's little confusing/annoying.
Let's say I have player 1 (gamepad) and player 2 (wiiupro) connected. I can navigate the menu using any of them now. good.
Now I'm gonna play a single player game but I'd like to use the wiiupro as player1 so yeah I know how to set that. Options are clear. The thing is that the wiiu gamepad is not going to control the menu anymore since it won't be set as any of the players. Then if you end your playing session and didn't change the configuration back to default (say gamepad as player1) you are screwed if you pick up the gamepad to play again later and don't have the pro controller anywhere near. (having to connect sd card to pc and delete the config file then re inserting sd card into console...relaunch retroarc...bblablabla shouldn't be a thing).
My point is that the option should let any control 'synced' to the console that is turned ON (not necessarily set as one of the players) control the menu. That would make it less confusing and less tedious to set up playing sessions. That way we will avoid pressing the wrong button on the dpad making us select 'disabled' on the control we're using by mistake.
set the gamepad in user 5, that way it will be always available in menu.

Reactions: the_randomizer

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
set the gamepad in user 5, that way it will be always available in menu.
Usually I play 3 or 4 players at max so that seems like a workaround ty gonna try it. I'm dependant of gamepad anyways and it won't be as annoying to lose input on other controls as I have the gamepad always near.. i can live with that.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's cool, I loaded up the 1-9-18 build, tried to load Snes9x, Kirby's Dream Land 3 and got this
Error code 160-2203

Bloody hell :hateit:

At least it wasn't a DSI dump error, but still. *sigh* I was loading the ROM via the load content method, to where it automatically loads the core based on the ROM type.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use the build from yesterday?

I thought that's what I was using? Oh, derp, it was 2018-01-11_RetroArch_rpx.zip, my mistake. Still, it just flat out gave me that error. So I'm manually changing the cores instead of letting it auto detect. I loaded
up Kirby's Dream Land 3 once more, manually and it worked. So IDK.

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father