Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is still crashing please report it in the issues. as of right now it is believed that commenting out the hid code solves all dsi errors on chain loading. if there's another issue this would be the best time to tackle it too.

I'll do my share of testing this build as well.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if it is still crashing please report it in the issues. as of right now it is believed that commenting out the hid code solves all dsi errors on chain loading. if there's another issue this would be the best time to tackle it too.
No it hasn't crashed yet.. I was just saying its sods law. You say its the most stable ever and then it crashes :P

So just to reiterate NO CRASHES YET :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I know it was probably already covered way back in the thread but how can I run a game like Dracula X Chi no Rondo and what is the best core for those PCE games?

I ran the cue last night in one of the cores and got a dsi screen from the 09-01 nightly.

Thanks in advance

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No it hasn't crashed yet.. I was just saying its sods law. You say its the most stable ever and then it crashes :P

So just to reiterate NO CRASHES YET :)
Man you're hyping me up too much lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys I know it was probably already covered way back in the thread but how can I run a game like Dracula X Chi no Rondo and what is the best core for those PCE games?

I ran the cue last night in one of the cores and got a dsi screen from the 09-01 nightly.

Thanks in advance
I use Mednafen PCE I believe.
Though I don't know if the latest build of it is working properly right now.

Reactions: ploggy and Maxbeta

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man you're hyping me up too much lol

I use Mednafen PCE I believe.
Though I don't know if the latest build of it is working properly right now.
I hyped myself up a bit too lol It's just really good to see Retroarch WiiU get to the point where it is now. That Ribbon animation just sets it off perfectly ;)

So just run the .cue through the Mednafen core should do it?
You have the bios too right? (syscard3.pce)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
genesis plus gx has touch screen support for light phaser games it seems, I can move the cursor with the pen but couldn't manage to start a game :unsure:

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested out the 1-11 build yesterday with mgba, nestopia, and snes9x. Encountered one crash (Wii U memory error screen) when loading a .smc file from the load content menu. Could not replicate.

Not sure when the import feature was fixed, but the previous two nightly builds I tested (both within this week) now have partial support for generating playlists via folder scanning.

System - Number Added to Playlist / Number in Folder

GB - 3/3
GBC - 3/3
GBA - 3/3

NES - 11/13
SNES - 1/10 (most of my roms are .smc files)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested out the 1-11 build yesterday with mgba, nestopia, and snes9x. Encountered one crash (Wii U memory error screen) when loading a .smc file from the load content menu. Could not replicate.

Not sure when the import feature was fixed, but the previous two nightly builds I tested (both within this week) now have partial support for generating playlists via folder scanning.

System - Number Added to Playlist / Number in Folder

GB - 3/3
GBC - 3/3
GBA - 3/3

NES - 11/13
SNES - 1/10 (most of my roms are .smc files)

Did you try loading the game from the normal list and not a playlist? And SFC format?

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try loading the game from the normal list and not a playlist? And SFC format?

By "normal list" do you mean the retroarch file browser? I've never created any playlists for retroarch manually, everything was done on the Wii U. I assumed these auto-generated lists were called playlists since they are stored on the SD card under the playlist folder, sorry for any confusion. The game that crashed on load was a .smc loaded from the file browser. The only SNES game to appear on the auto-generated list was a SFC rom (not the only SFC rom in the folder scanned).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "normal list" do you mean the retroarch file browser? I've never created any playlists for retroarch manually, everything was done on the Wii U. I assumed these auto-generated lists were called playlists since they are stored on the SD card under the playlist folder, sorry for any confusion. The game that crashed on load was a .smc loaded from the file browser. The only SNES game to appear on the auto-generated list was a SFC rom (not the only SFC rom in the folder scanned).

Yes, the normal browser, and try SFC format, SFC dumps tend to be cleaner.

Reactions: cucholix

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I add a mame rom to my favorites list, and rename it, it will not play from the favorites list. If I go to the History, and view the before named rom, I'm able to play it.

So I am unable to play renamed roms, this was a feature I really looked forward to, specially for my mame romset.

And I just had a "system memory" crash when trying to go from the mame 2003 core, to snes9x 2010 core. I am using the latest retroarch, fresh install.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I add a mame rom to my favorites list, and rename it, it will not play from the favorites list. If I go to the History, and view the before named rom, I'm able to play it.

So I am unable to play renamed roms, this was a feature I really looked forward to, specially for my mame romset.

And I just had a "system memory" crash when trying to go from the mame 2003 core, to snes9x 2010 core. I am using the latest retroarch, fresh install.
You should set up Playlists rather than use Favourites, with Playlists you get the correct names for MAME Games without having to rename them ;)

Sad you got a Memory Error though.. Was hoping they were finally eradicated for good :/

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should set up Playlists rather than use Favourites, with Playlists you get the correct names for MAME Games without having to rename them ;)

Sad you got a Memory Error though.. Was hoping they were finally eradicated for good :/

Unfortunately, they may be a helluva lot harder to completely removed, though AFAIK, most of them are neutralized?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1