Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope. Stopped trying, to be honest. :\

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just trying to forget about it and focus on what I can play.
Nope. Stopped trying, to be honest. :\

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just trying to forget about it and focus on what I can play.
No you really should keep trying. RetroArch is one of the best things ever happened to the Wii U.
I looked through your txt file and it appears that you are using ELF cores in
G:\retroarch\cores
You definitely should use the rpx version.
Remove anything retroarch related from your SD:
SD:\retroarch\
and
SD:\wiiu\apps\retroarch\
and then try again with this one please:
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/2017-12-08_RetroArch_rpx.7z

carnage781

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you really should keep trying. RetroArch is one of the best things ever happened to the Wii U.
I looked through your txt file and it appears that you are using ELF cores in
G:\retroarch\cores
You definitely should use the rpx version.
Remove anything retroarch related from your SD:
SD:\retroarch\
and
SD:\wiiu\apps\retroarch\
and then try again with this one please:
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/2017-12-08_RetroArch_rpx.7z

Do these go in both sd/retroarch and sd/wii/apps?

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've closed that survey for now; thanks to those who responded! You all helped in the exact way I'd hoped - for example, this taught me that HID support is a lot more important to you than I initially thought; so we're working on making sure our replacement has good support for lots of controllers. I also didn't expect the HOME button to be so controversial!

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's the data for your analysis pleasure.

(HID users: I'd appreciate it if you could send me any unusual HID to VPAD configs for controllers you use. At some point, I'm going to have to convert them to RetroArch drivers, so I may as well start collecting them now. I also plan on buying a cheap, boring HID to test with; so I'd like to know what's popular with the users. Let's not spam up this thread, I've got contact methods in my sig.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've closed that survey for now; thanks to those who responded! You all helped in the exact way I'd hoped - for example, this taught me that HID support is a lot more important to you than I initially thought; so we're working on making sure our replacement has good support for lots of controllers. I also didn't expect the HOME button to be so controversial!

(HID users: I'd appreciate it if you could send me any unusual HID to VPAD configs for controllers you use. At some point, I'm going to have to convert them to RetroArch drivers, so I may as well start collecting them now. I also plan on buying a cheap, boring HID to test with; so I'd like to know what's popular with the users. Let's not spam up this thread, I've got contact methods in my sig.)

I've personally always used the gamepad or the Wii U Pro Controller as it felt the most natural to me. In truth, I've never used HID before (I know, not useful or beneficial), as Gamecube feels weird on Snes games, especially on platform games :P

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thanks, I'll send you the config files I made once I'm on my PC but will there be a way to make it manually in the future? Because when people buy a controller in 1 year they still would have to send them to you? :P

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, I'll send you the config files I made once I'm on my PC but will there be a way to make it manually in the future? Because when people buy a controller in 1 year they still would have to send them to you? :P
With the way RetroArch currently is, no; someone has to write a chunk of code for each one. There is talk about implementing support for the config files in future, however.

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys.... Are racing games like Outrun (mame) supposed to lag? Or do I need to adjust some settings in retroarch?

Also this may sound like a silly question, but does retroarch support the pro controller or two players?

Thanks guys

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know HID doesn’t mean Gamecube, right?

I’m personally using an arcade stick for FBA, SNES pads for SNES9x, and an Atari joystick for Stella.

Gamecube Adapter is HID, so...yeah. Anyways, I don't like the d-pad for platform games like DKC1-3, Wii U Pro feels infinitely better *sigh* anyways.

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube Adapter is HID, so...yeah. Anyways, I don't like the d-pad for platform games like DKC1-3, Wii U Pro feels infinitely better *sigh* anyways.

My point is that you said “I’ve never used HID before because Gamecube feels weird with SNES”, as if using HID means using a Gamecube controller.

You can use whatever controller you want, there are plenty of other options. People here are often confused about Retroarch, and someone could easily misinterpret that to mean Gamecube is the only supported option.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

Since I haven't used RA much, I was wondering if anyone could help me with DOSBox (or some other PC engine emulator) usage. I'm using NES, SNES, C64 and ZX81 emulators without a problems, but I would like to play Little Big Adventure 2 (aka Twinsen Odyssey), and, since there are a lots of files (which is not the case with other emulators), I don't know what should I do to run it. I have .cue and .bin CD image, and also folder with files that installation copies to a HDD on a PC. How do I mount this CD image (I don't know if it needs to be mounted), and what do I have to run in DOSBox? I haven't found a way to even bring virtual keyboard up in DOSBox, so, I'm pretty stuck with this one.

Best regards,
Davor

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
So, after temporarily deactivating HID, it got more stable?

What's the lastest stable build? I've been completely lost for the last three months

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!

Since I haven't used RA much, I was wondering if anyone could help me with DOSBox (or some other PC engine emulator) usage. I'm using NES, SNES, C64 and ZX81 emulators without a problems, but I would like to play Little Big Adventure 2 (aka Twinsen Odyssey), and, since there are a lots of files (which is not the case with other emulators), I don't know what should I do to run it. I have .cue and .bin CD image, and also folder with files that installation copies to a HDD on a PC. How do I mount this CD image (I don't know if it needs to be mounted), and what do I have to run in DOSBox? I haven't found a way to even bring virtual keyboard up in DOSBox, so, I'm pretty stuck with this one.

Best regards,
Davor

You should get yourself DosBox for PC (not in RetroArch on PC!) first and try to make it run there.
If it runs, copy the folder (not zipped) to your Wii U SD and run the main exe of the already installed game with "load content".
The virtual keyboard is still being worked on as far as I remember.
Or how was the state there, guys?

So, after temporarily deactivating HID, it got more stable?

What's the lastest stable build? I've been completely lost for the last three months
This should (haven't tested) be the last nightly that still had HID support:
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/oGkXFjwz/file.html
I dunno how long this will stay online as upped it there without having a Zippyshare account but feel free to PM me if it's down.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
You should get yourself DosBox for PC (not in RetroArch on PC!) first and try to make it run there.
If it runs, copy the folder (not zipped) to your Wii U SD and run the main exe of the already installed game with "load content".
The virtual keyboard is still being worked on as far as I remember.
Or how was the state there, guys?

This should (haven't tested) be the last nightly that still had HID support:
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/oGkXFjwz/file.html
I dunno how long this will stay online as upped it there without having a Zippyshare account but feel free to PM me if it's down.

Oh, i don't use HID controllers, that's why i'm asking. Thanks anyway ^^U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.