Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um I'm a bit confused now :)
As far as I know button combinations are to be configured. For example I have A button for Mocha.
What Haxchi CFW are we talking about specifically? FW image?

@cucholix
I double checked structure and it is correct. Also I did complete fresh install a few hours ago and still the same issue :(
Im thinking now that it has something to do with mocha?

No, this https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-6-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/

Don't use Mocha, that's what we're trying to say >.>

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I get you mate.
I was just wondering how can one boot into the Haxchi bundled CFW :)
In the other thread someone said I have to set the boot sequence to sysnand but I wasnt sure how. I understand now you just have to add ''sysmenu'' code to boot sequence file.
God I really hope this was the problem that prevented Retroarch booting. :S
I'll report back

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@rioray your experimental ScummVM Core works great so far, got everything running even with playlists now through.scummvm files. Imo it could be added to the official retroarch release.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get you mate.
I was just wondering how can one boot into the Haxchi bundled CFW :)
In the other thread someone said I have to set the boot sequence to sysnand but I wasnt sure how. I understand now you just have to add ''sysmenu'' code to boot sequence file.
God I really hope this was the problem that prevented Retroarch booting. :S
I'll report back

I wish I could be of more help *sigh*

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rioray your experimental ScummVM Core works great so far, got everything running even with playlists now through.scummvm files. Imo it could be added to the official retroarch release.
Yeah, I will try to find time to push fix to libretro repo (I've to restart as i was using the last mainline scummvm source code not the one provide in libretro).

BTW there are some weird thing in the scummvm libretro port ( in PC port too not only wiiU , in some game mouse is not working but mouse work fine in them with the upstream official scummvm)

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, shame you have to start from scratch. Btw is there a way to use an onscreen keyboard yet? For example in indiana jones you need keys in fights.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, shame you have to start from scratch. Btw is there a way to use an onscreen keyboard yet? For example in indiana jones you need keys in fights.
i didn't get success with keyboard overlay input for now , i have to look how onscreen keyboard is handle in scummvm to backport it on libretro port

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i didn't get success with keyboard overlay input for now , i have to look how onscreen keyboard is handle in scummvm to backport it on libretro port

Okay, good luck with that, its awesome that its working so well at the moment and great that you're trying to improve it. I can play some other games before I start indy when on screen keyboard works later on.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: cucholix

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I could be of more help *sigh*
You guys were superb help!
I ''installed'' Haxchi CFW, ran with default=sysmenu and its working now. Why, I do not know, but it is.
If anyone else is getting black screen freezes and uses mocha, just switch to Haxchi CFW. Hoorah!
Thank you everyone for helping me out!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys were superb help!
I ''installed'' Haxchi CFW, ran with default=sysmenu and its working now. Why, I do not know, but it is.
If anyone else is getting black screen freezes and uses mocha, just switch to Haxchi CFW. Hoorah!
Thank you everyone for helping me out!

You got it to work? Glad to hear it :P

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I might sound a little bit late with this, but are racing games supposed to stutter both in terms of gameplay and sound during Mame 2009 or 2003? So far I have tested Powerdrift, Cycle Warriors and Outrun and all three run awful.

Also just to mention that all other genres that I have tried so far seem to work fine (side scrollers and beat em ups) so no issues there

I just wanted to know if this sounds normal, or do I need to adjust some settings within retroarch or something?

Thanks guys

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

Just to deny @the_randomizer 's conclusion that there's "No need to use Mocha, like, ever", there is. I'm using Mocha FAT32 build (SD to USB) so I could have all Wii U, Wii and emulator games in one place. And Retroarch is working fine. @fatsquirrel which build of Mocha were you using, official or custom (FAT32)? If you're using FAT32, you should have all the RA files placed on HDD (usb:/Retroarch), and, in case you want all your saves, configs etc. to be save to HDD too, you should change paths in RA settings to USB:/ instead of SD:/

Best regards,
Davor

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

Just to deny @the_randomizer 's conclusion that there's "No need to use Mocha, like, ever", there is. I'm using Mocha FAT32 build (SD to USB) so I could have all Wii U, Wii and emulator games in one place. And Retroarch is working fine. @fatsquirrel which build of Mocha were you using, official or custom (FAT32)? If you're using FAT32, you should have all the RA files placed on HDD (usb:/Retroarch), and, in case you want all your saves, configs etc. to be save to HDD too, you should change paths in RA settings to USB:/ instead of SD:/

Best regards,
Davor

Hey Davor, I was using the first version that came out. Not sure about the number but it is a non fat32 one.

Ive been playing Final Fantasy 6 whole day now, no freezes (apart from 1 freeze when I run HBL with B button shortcut and no file linked to it). :D
I cried a little when Retroarch finally booted up. It was beautiful

Great...now my ocd kicked in. Gotta get covers and perfect naming for every rom :creep:

Reactions: cucholix

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great...now my ocd kicked in. Gotta get covers and perfect naming for every rom :creep:
Ha, now you're going down the rabbit hole. I'm glad it worked out for you though. If you need cover art I recommend grabbing them from Libretro's repo on your computer directly since downloads in RetroArch are kind of janky on the Wii U. As for playlists, someone else on here can certainly help with that.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Ha, now you're going down the rabbit hole. I'm glad it worked out for you though. If you need cover art I recommend grabbing them from Libretro's repo on your computer directly since downloads in RetroArch are kind of janky on the Wii U. As for playlists, someone else on here can certainly help with that.
Im really glad too. And I'll follow your advice :D
Could you maybe share the link to libretros repo? Im not quite sure how to grab them ^^
The downloads on WiiU are indeed a bit on the buggy side

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: fatsquirrel
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR HID USERS:

We've just decided to make controller_patcher an optional extra. From here on out; it'll be disabled on the nightly builds. If you rely on a HID controller - such as a GameCube controller adapter, set of Joy-Cons, DualShock or other non-Nintendo controller - you may want to hold off on updating to the latest nightly until we finish writing a replacement (it shouldn't take long). Alternatively, you can compile your own RetroArch to re-enable controller_patcher - simply append ENABLE_CONTROLLER_PATCHER=1 to your normal make command.

On the plus side; I think this might fix retroarch.rpx; and should eliminate an awful lot of the more esoteric DSI errors. I'll update this post as more information becomes available.

(EDIT 1: Changes merged. The next set of nightlies will not contain controller_patcher.)

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: