Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohhhh, amazing work guys!! Just spent a good hour on the snes emu (my Mario Kart rom also works) and it's wonderful! Will certainly be trying out the rest too - thanks again, happy days! :D

Reactions: VinsCool

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i wont keep adding more info.. just keep your eyes on http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#retro : gambatte added.
This is great news! I'll keep an eye on this...hoping to test it out soon!

With Retroarch, does anyone know if there is there a way to have it remember the ROM directory? I've been using it a bit on 3DS, but haven't figured that one out. Thanks!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To temper some expectations, there are no PowerPC dynarecs for Nintendo DS, or PSP.

Cores like Mupen64plus and PCSX-R will not be a simple case of compilation to get them to work. They will likely require at least a solid month of work, and that's a conservative figure.

Everything else will arrive much sooner.
I maybe making this up but I think Ced made a dynarec for his 360 ppsspp port, I know the Emulator was never finished but could parts of that be used for the WiiU?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Greenlighted a whole bunch of cores, I invite the wiiubru guy to compile these ones -

FBAlpha 2012 CPS1
FBAlpha 2012 CPS2
FBAlpha 2012 NeoGeo
Mednafen/Beetle PC Engine Fast
Mednafen/Beetle WonderSwan
Mednafen/Beetle VirtualBoy
Mednafen/Beetle NGP
Mednafen/Beetle Lynx
Tyrquake
Prboom
Genesis Plus GX
Nestopia
FUSE
GW (Game & Watch)
Stella
VBA Next

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I maybe making this up but I think Ced made a dynarec for his 360 ppsspp port, I know the Emulator was never finished but could parts of that be used for the WiiU?

Yeah I think they threw out the PowerPC dynarec again in mainline though so it would have to be backported again.

Anyway, this is all long-term, don't expect this in the next two months at least.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just spent a while looking at things and making it run a little more nicely, the problem with most cores right now is that they are C++ so they would fail for now. Anyways, after doing some small cleanup here are both fceumm and snes9x2010 from the current commits:
https://mega.nz/#!w1oByA5S!IpNtybZYpu18HKFEfHkf5QuofgLZ6iwLYTkrCH5Sdo0
These 2 elfs will start up quickly, have audio working properly, on game starts there are no more random pixels before game picture or audio beeps/scratches, pausing the game and going back to the menu now works properly as well.
Overall I am shocked to see how well it already runs now and I hope more can be added soon :)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To temper some expectations, there are no PowerPC dynarecs for Nintendo DS, or PSP.

Cores like Mupen64plus and PCSX-R will not be a simple case of compilation to get them to work. They will likely require at least a solid month of work, and that's a conservative figure.

Everything else will arrive much sooner.
There was a (agonizingly slow) port of Desmume for Wii if that would help at all. It wasn't a native core but it's something

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Greenlighted a whole bunch of cores, I invite the wiiubru guy to compile these ones -

FBAlpha 2012 CPS1
FBAlpha 2012 CPS2
FBAlpha 2012 NeoGeo
Mednafen/Beetle PC Engine Fast
Mednafen/Beetle WonderSwan
Mednafen/Beetle VirtualBoy
Mednafen/Beetle NGP
Mednafen/Beetle Lynx
Tyrquake
Prboom
Genesis Plus GX
Nestopia
FUSE
GW (Game & Watch)
Stella
VBA Next

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I think they threw out the PowerPC dynarec again in mainline though so it would have to be backported again.

Anyway, this is all long-term, don't expect this in the next two months at least.

bedtime prevails..

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is anyone else having problems with save/load states not working? plus once you try to save state emulation slows alot. I know it's a pre-release but thought I'd bring it up :)

EDIT: Ok it seems save state and load DOES work but it takes a long time

Last edited by ploggy,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
is anyone else having problems with save/load states not working? plus once you try to save state emulation slows alot. I know it's a pre-release but thought I'd bring it up :)
Yeah it's a bit buggy, but it seems to work after a few menu open/close, for some reason. Saving state works fine, loading it might require a few attempts before it actually loads ingame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr