Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still nothing. It doesn't let me generate a list when I add \nes as the file path. I can only generate a list when I have F:\roms.
I tried the latest nightly and it still crashes.
That was a mistake on my part, forget the nes part of the path, that's not supposed to be there :P

That's strange. I don't know what else to try mate. :(

Edit: have you tried making playlists for other cores? do they Dsi error too?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
That was a mistake on my part, forget the nes part of the path, that's not supposed to be there :P

That's strange. I don't know what else to try mate. :(

Edit: have you tried making playlists for other cores? do they Dsi error too?
Yes they all crash. Stable Crashes, nightly crashes, different cores crashes. I really don't know. I even dot cleaned all my files using the terminal. Macs generate dot files which can crash the system. Retroarch wouldn't be able to boot up if dot files are in the way. Retroarch boots up fine, so I know dot files are cleaned.

All roms load properly if I load content individually, but when I created a playlist and try to view it, it crashes. I tried generating a playlist on a windows os and still nothing. I don't know the problem.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes they all crash. Stable Crashes, nightly crashes, different cores crashes. I really don't know. I even dot cleaned all my files using the terminal. Macs generate dot files which can crash the system. Retroarch wouldn't be able to boot up if dot files are in the way. Retroarch boots up fine, so I know dot files are cleaned.

All roms load properly if I load content individually, but when I created a playlist and try to view it, it crashes. I tried generating a playlist on a windows os and still nothing. I don't know the problem.
Sorry mate I haven't got a clue what could be the problem then :( I hope you get it sorted though :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Would it help if I sent the configuration/setup I use on my SD card?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Playlist just link a specific rom with a specific core, if you can see the list in RA then the format is right. Something is wrong with your paths or folders, it can't reach either the rom or the core. Also remember delete the retroarch.cfg everytime you make a change and NEVER edit by hand.

Post the folder path for your roms and cores.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Sorry mate I haven't got a clue what could be the problem then :( I hope you get it sorted though :)
Would it help if I sent the configuration/setup I use on my SD card?
Thanks for trying to help.

So I just tried the in built retroarch scanner and that works. Playlists work fine and games load properly.

But I have a new problem. When I try scanning arcade and cd games playlists don't show up. I tried cps2, neo geo, and sega cd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Playlist just link a specific rom with a specific core, if you can see the list in RA then the format is right. Something is wrong with your paths or folders, it can't reach either the rom or the core. Also remember delete the retroarch.cfg everytime you make a change and NEVER edit by hand.

Post the folder path for your roms and cores.
When I tried using the playlist buddy I can't even see the list, I see the icon in the distance, but as soon as I try to view the list, moving the onto it I get the dsi error.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for trying to help.

So I just tried the in built retroarch scanner and that works. Playlists work fine and games load properly.

But I have a new problem. When I try scanning arcade and cd games playlists don't show up. I tried cps2, neo geo, and sega cd.
AFAIK there's not standalone list for CPS2, it falls into fbalpha/mame. How's the folder structure for those systems?

When I tried using the playlist buddy I can't even see the list, I see the icon in the distance, but as soon as I try to view the list, moving the onto it I get the dsi error.
Strange... Maybe the list file is corrupted? Are you using Mac or PC?

You also can try RA for PC it also have a scanner a thumbnail downloader IIRC, if Playlist Buddy isn't working properly for you.

Last edited by cucholix,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
AFAIK there's not standalone list for CPS2, it falls into fbalpha/mame. How's the folder structure for those systems?
SD:/roms/CPS2
SD:/roms/CPS1
SD:/roms/CPS3
SD:/roms/Sega/Sega CD

Niether playlist buddy or the built in scanner works.

Edit: Im using a pc to generate playlists.

Edit 2: I tried generating a list multiple times on pc and still the same. And used dot clean on mac for just in case reasons, after it failed to work just using the pc alone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You also can try RA for PC it also have a scanner a thumbnail downloader IIRC, if Playlist Buddy isn't working properly for you.
Problem with that is I have an outdated pc, its a low range laptop from the mid 2000's. It can't run retroarch.

Edit: though my mac can run it so i'll try on my mac.

Last edited by SG854,

cloud6625

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues getting Gen Plus GX to work correctly. I'm using one of the latest nightly builds from a few days ago. The snes, gba, and nes emulators work fine, but gen plus boots to a black screen.

I tried using the rpx version instead, but that crashes homebrew on startup (I'm using v1.4 of the homebrew launcher).

Anyone think they could give me a hand?

As a side note, the psx and mame emulators don't work either, but I'm far less concerned about them atm.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About playlists I just wanna remind you that there is a guide on how to set them up manually and what each line of the lpl file is for.
I never used the buddy tool to be honest but if you're having issues just create it with the buddy and use an editor (like notepad++) to find and replace stuff like paths to get everything right (if it isn't already).

But as were talking about it, I saw preview icons for every rom in a screenshot a few pages back. Is this doable on the Wii U as well and if yes, how?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I've asked it before, will this have RetroAchievements support? The site has also a named 'Hardcore Mode', which disables emulator functions and doubles your points you get from getting Achievements.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It should be:
sd:/roms/FB Alpha - Arcade games
sd:/roms/Sega - Mega-CD - Sega CD

http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com

DO NOT create subfolders
What speaks against subfolders (not that I want them but anyway) as every path could be put into a playlist?
Or are you just talking about the directory scan feature that doesn't like subfolders?

By the way: I made my signature more eye friendly. Be sure to check out RetroArch's guide (which has a playlist tutorial and a general RetroArch FAQ section) and the splash screens. :)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having issues getting Gen Plus GX to work correctly. I'm using one of the latest nightly builds from a few days ago. The snes, gba, and nes emulators work fine, but gen plus boots to a black screen.

I tried using the rpx version instead, but that crashes homebrew on startup (I'm using v1.4 of the homebrew launcher).

Anyone think they could give me a hand?

As a side note, the psx and mame emulators don't work either, but I'm far less concerned about them atm.
Hmm the genesis emulator has been working fine for me in the last few nightlies so must be something wrong with your setup

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What speaks against subfolders (not that I want them but anyway) as every path could be put into a playlist?
Or are you just talking about the directory scan feature that doesn't like subfolders?
For people using PL Buddy tool, also it allows to match thumbnails with the database

EDIT: I'm a little dissapointed that I click on Mai Shiranui and nothing happens :lol:

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: lordelan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For people using PL Buddy tool, also it allows to match thumbnails with the database
That's if you have only the exact same name as the rom on the database, and if the ROM is not a hack. :v
I ended up only getting one sole match out of the 100+ ROMs i have from different consoles, and that one being Doom from Final Doom, all others had no match at all.

What exactly does the name have to be in thumbnails in order for RA to recognize it for a particular ROM?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's if you have only the exact same name as the rom on the database, and if the ROM is not a hack. :v
I ended up only getting one sole match out of the 100+ ROMs i have from different consoles, and that one being Doom from Final Doom, all others had no match at all.

What exactly does the name have to be in thumbnails in order for RA to recognize it for a particular ROM?
If it's arcade you need dats, for everything else you need match the rom name with the one in the thumbnail repository http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com/

Reactions: ShadowOne333

cloud6625

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm the genesis emulator has been working fine for me in the last few nightlies so must be something wrong with your setup
I read that 1.6.0 had some issues running cores, so I installed the stable 1.5.0 instead and it appears to be fine so far. However, I do miss the nice menus of 1.6. Oh well...

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read that 1.6.0 had some issues running cores, so I installed the stable 1.5.0 instead and it appears to be fine so far. However, I do miss the nice menus of 1.6. Oh well...
Been running 1.6 genesis core since day 1 and update it each day and never had a problem with it or any of the other 1.6 cores apart from the Quake and Neogeo Pocket ones lol. I have seen way and I mean way more reports of people having issues with 1.5 than 1.6.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1