Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is easily reproduced.
The thing is that it doesn't make itself present until the second time you boot the console.
The first time with a clean CFG works as intended, switching cores through playlist selection works fine, I start a game from one console, then select another with no hiccups. I also exit RA normally so that the CFG saves automatically.

When you boot up the Wii U a second time, no mattet what core/game you select, you always get the system memory error. And so on until you delete the CFG again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep, using the main RetroArch launcher with Playlists.

I actually had that exact error with a build a few months back, I believe the 1.5.0 vanilla and the previous build, I assumed it was a conflict with CFW when loaded with Haxchi, as that's what I used. When I used just Haxchi, no CFW, it ran fine no matter how many times I exited and opened the app, but the lack of libfat made reading times extremely slow on a UHS-1 SD card (Sandisk, 32 GB). I tried to file a report on GitHub but the issue couldn't be reproduced by the developers, and that's fine, so I decided not to report any other similar bugs, as I was just wasting their time. Have you tried to load it without any kind of CFW at all?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I actually had that exact error with a build a few months back, I believe the 1.5.0 vanilla and the previous build, I assumed it was a conflict with CFW when loaded with Haxchi, as that's what I used. When I used just Haxchi, no CFW, it ran fine no matter how many times I exited and opened the app, but the lack of libfat made reading times extremely slow on a UHS-1 SD card (Sandisk, 32 GB). I tried to file a report on GitHub but the issue couldn't be reproduced by the developers, and that's fine, so I decided not to report any other similar bugs, as I was just wasting their time. Have you tried to load it without any kind of CFW at all?
That's the thing...
I use no CFW at all, just plain Haxchi to load HBL and that's it.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yep, using the main RetroArch launcher with Playlists.
Something within the cfg is causing the error, do you change any specific setting? Did you check if your playlist paths are correct?

Try disabling playlist changing the folder name, also I was getting this memory error when launching a corrupt game, since the game is stored in history RA seemingly freaked out and refused to work until I delete it from playlist and rom folder.

Just a give it a try, not sure if that's the problem, sometimes I get the error randomly, couldn't really hunt down a specific cause.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is cfw, ask fix94

No, there's two versions version of Haxchi , one called Haxchi + CFW, then there's just plain Haxchi; by itself it's just a forwarder for HBL or whatever app you link the config to. With the first version you hold B to turn on the CFW and sigpatches. Haxchi + CFW came out after the original Haxchi, I also tested this because if you load just the normal one, you get no libfat and you can't load the installable HBL channel.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Something within the cfg is causing the error, do you change any specific setting? Did you check if your playlist paths are correct?

Try disabling playlist changing the folder name, also I was getting this memory error when launching a corrupt game, since the game is stored in history RA seemingly freaked out and refused to work until I delete it from playlist and rom folder.

Just a give it a try, not sure if that's the problem, sometimes I get the error randomly, couldn't really hunt down a specific cause.
Here's what I change in Settings as soon as I enter a fresh CFG:
  • Change Assets directory to /retroarch/media/assets/
  • Change filebrowser to SD:/ROMs/
  • Change filters path to retroarch/filters/audio & retroarch/filters/video (this is just to have the directories checked, I don't use nor load any filters)
  • After that I go to Video setting and change aspect ratio to 16:9, along with disabling bilinear filter.
  • Last, Onscreen display notifications set to Off and also disable Icon shadows Off inside User Interface.
After that, I continue to load any game from any core and it loads.
If te playlists were bad, the game wouldn't boot on first try.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Change filters path to retroarch/filters/audio & retroarch/filters/video (this is just to have the directories checked, I don't use nor load any filters)
  • After that I go to Video setting and change aspect ratio to 16:9, along with disabling bilinear filter.
  • Last, Onscreen display notifications set to Off and also disable Icon shadows Off inside User Interface.
What happens if after all that....instead of loading the retroarch rpx, you load the mgba

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could it be possible that loading haxchi, homebrew launcher, retroarch, than the core is taking up too much of your systems cpu and making your console error?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could it be possible that loading haxchi, homebrew launcher, retroarch, than the core is taking up too much of your systems cpu and making your console error?

But what doesn't make sense, why would other builds work perfectly fine but having another version crash the system?

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't make sense only retroarch rpx does it not the other core ones. At least to me. I'd imagine opening the mame would be more space taken than retroarchs main rpx.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Did you try without changing any setting? And see if it boot the second time?

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch auto-saves config upon exit, even if there are no changes (as it generates one by default), but if one doesn't make any changes, maybe it'll work?
Mine didn't, but it works if load a specific core rpx...and since it's updated and with cores in core folder, any of them can work and auto load any core needed....which is why it's not a big deal to me on my end at least lol

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine didn't, but it works if load a specific core rpx...and since it's updated and with cores in core folder, any of them can work and auto load any core needed....which is why it's not a big deal to me on my end at least lol

So weird, still, it shouldn't be doing this XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsfw-ds-homebrew.73091/