Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, not gonna happen for a very very long time, if ever. Probably never at this rate. No one is interested in porting or assisting with that.
Such a shame, because to be honest, making a PPC Dynarec would not only make the Wii U have a N64 and PSX core working, but also many, many other consoles.
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PlayStation 3.
Heck even the 3DO might benefit from it. xD

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
So it's a whole mess, and now I think @eyeball226 was right from the beginning !

Edit : I filed a report
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4655
Feel free to contribute if you can explain it better !

Edit2 : @aliaspider answered, confirmed, and proposes to set the TV as the main screen for computations for now.

Glad that the viewport calculations is now being set to TV instead of Gamepad. I was about jump in and defend @eyeball226 I knew he wasn't crazy.

Thanks guys, it wasn't even a huge problem - just an observation. It was frustrating being treated like an idiot by brienj though so I took a day off before checking back. Only asked in the forum to see if others were seeing the same problem before filing a report, but thanks for doing that yourself MaitreLLD.

Last edited by eyeball226,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a shame, because to be honest, making a PPC Dynarec would not only make the Wii U have a N64 and PSX core working, but also many, many other consoles.
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PlayStation 3.
Heck even the 3DO might benefit from it. xD

I don't attest to knowing when or how things happen, but given the recent track record, I'm no longer placing any kind of hope or positivism in ever seeing PPC dynarec for the Wii U; if someone wants to prove me wrong, by all means, but for the record, I no longer accept the fact that it's on the back burner, but simply killed off by the developers. No one simply has the motive, intention, etc of writing
said PPC dynarec for the Wii U :unsure::glare:

By the time someone learns enough coding to write one, the Wii U scene will be long dead and people will have moved on to the Switch anyways, so what's the point?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Btw, a new commit to the Wii U version has been made just a couple hours ago:
https://github.com/aliaspider/RetroArch/commits/master

Nothing of much importance, this commit simply changes the resolution changes to focus on the TV aspect ratio instead of the Gamepad's 854x480.
This was the issue @eyeball226 and @MaitreLLD were talking about, so expect the next nightly to have those changes applied to the cores.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, a new commit to the Wii U version has been made just a couple hours ago:
https://github.com/aliaspider/RetroArch/commits/master

Nothing of much importance, this commit simply changes the resolution changes to focus on the TV aspect ratio instead of the Gamepad's 854x480.
This was the issue @eyeball226 and @MaitreLLD were talking about, so expect the next nightly to have those changes applied to the cores.

Hopefully it doesn't screw up the resolution on my PC monitor, as I use that for my Wii U out of convenience :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hopefully it doesn't screw up the resolution on my PC monitor, as I use that for my Wii U out of convenience :P
Nah it shouldn't.
The only thing that changes here is that when you change the scaling of the image, it will take the TV aspect ratio into consideration instead of the Wii U's gamepad aspect ration.
I remember having a similar issue with the 16:9 output going beyond my TV's horizontal limit.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah it shouldn't.
The only thing that changes here is that when you change the scaling of the image, it will take the TV aspect ratio into consideration instead of the Wii U's gamepad aspect ration.
I remember having a similar issue with the 16:9 output going beyond my TV's horizontal limit.

I at least hope Sega CD games don't cause my Wii U to crash this time, despite using the right BIOS lol. I really need to update my nightly build.

For all you know a dev could be working on it in secret. That's what I would do if I was a dev as so many people keep bitching about having a psx/n64 emu. They could be working on it in secret with zero pressure from the community to bring it out.

Hey, I was mostly answering someone's question, as have a few other people on here; I'm merely making a point as well, it is what it is I guess. I'm just not going to be positive about it, easier than getting hopes up lol.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't attest to knowing when or how things happen, but given the recent track record, I'm no longer placing any kind of hope or positivism in ever seeing PPC dynarec for the Wii U; if someone wants to prove me wrong, by all means, but for the record, I no longer accept the fact that it's on the back burner, but simply killed off by the developers. No one simply has the motive, intention, etc of writing
said PPC dynarec for the Wii U :unsure::glare:

By the time someone learns enough coding to write one, the Wii U scene will be long dead and people will have moved on to the Switch anyways, so what's the point?
For all you know a dev could be working on it in secret. That's what I would do if I was a dev as so many people keep bitching about having a psx/n64 emu. They could be working on it in secret with zero pressure from the community to bring it out.

I at least hope Sega CD games don't cause my Wii U to crash this time, despite using the right BIOS lol. I really need to update my nightly build.
All Sega cd games work perfectly for me.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to believe that's the case.
I would do the same to be honest, working on it on secret because, let's face it, people would be all over it bitching about a release date and/or something not working as it should.
Best thing would be to work at your own pace, without anyone bitching about it. :P

We have enough with our bitching about PSX/N64 dynarecs already hahaha.
Still, if someone is working on it, some beta testers are always of great help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho