Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
:rolleyes: - Read the OP... 'there is no need to report issues' (aka feedback), so by your logic aside from one or two 'we love you guys!!11!' posts there shouldn't be anything else said on the thread... 'Tis just a messageboard laddie, until someone dies and makes you king of the board leave peeps to post their wishlist or whatever they want, no harm is being done - in fact it's a show of interest: as an old programmer myself it'd be better to read pipe dream wishlists than not hearing anything. ;)
You are missleading my point, there is a lot of people using this thread as a wishlist and the only thing that they are winning is pissing off @aliaspider as the main dev, I don't want RetroArch WiiU's port comes as happened on 3DS with stupid ppl complaining shit like "wen wil get a gut znes emeleter for o3ds" or "wa hapenz wit gpsp dinarek?", and is exactly what is happening with retroarch wiiu, this shit simply needs to STOP!
As for the feedback, right, that is what OP says, but the fact is that feedback always helps the developement, a few weeks ago @FIX94 fixed audio issues because there was feedback around the nightly builds, and that is productive unlike ppl complaining about shit. @aliaspider, as the main dev of retroarch wiiu, he can do what he wants, when he can and when he wants, but he alreally said and I'm quoting him, if you want some new feature on retroarch wiiu, feel free to make a PR.

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you're getting the wrong idea. No one is asking anything to aliaspider, actually you're the only one tagging him in this conversation. People are just getting excited about the project and are just talking about it. You don't start a PR out of the blue, people have to talk about it before, that's how projects get born. Now I don't know much about the Wii U architecture and it's been a while that I didn't code anything, but I did code some games and homebrew for the GBA and GP32X, and I feel like I could go a bit into that again for the Wii U if I get some advice on how to handle things :)

Last edited by MaitreLLD,

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've never used MAME for Retroarch and i'm having a crash happen everytime I try loading a .zip file? I obtained the 0.78 romset, I load up retroarch and select the MAME2003 core, I then navigate to my roms folder containing all the arcade roms, i'll pick one of the .zip files (mk2.zip = Mortal Kombat II) and I get this instant crash with tons of numbers everywhere, where I have to manualy shit my WiiU system down from the system itself. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm not going to lie I haven't sifted through all 120+ pages. Thanks for reading and whatever the solution is to get my arcade games up and running on my WiiU. :-)

Last edited by infidelity,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is some small issue with latest Retroarch cores (have tried many). When you launch a rom for the first time it works, but when you load another rom it gets DSI exception.

Thanks.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Then we basically have to be complacent. Got it.

Sorry to say this but if suggestions piss alias instead of stimulating him then we have a problem. I don't think anyone is asking for something outrageous, and having to shut up and watch only causes the opposite reaction.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've never used MAME for Retroarch and i'm having a crash happen everytime I try loading a .zip file? I obtained the 0.78 romset, I load up retroarch and select the MAME2003 core, I then navigate to my roms folder containing all the arcade roms, i'll pick one of the .zip files (mk2.zip = Mortal Kombat II) and I get this instant crash with tons of numbers everywhere, where I have to manualy shit my WiiU system down from the system itself. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm not going to lie I haven't sifted through all 120+ pages. Thanks for reading and whatever the solution is to get my arcade games up and running on my WiiU. :-)
..You have to manually shit your system down?! Sounds serious :lol:
It does work, and it looks like you've got the correct romset, so your options really are trial and error: try a different nightly perhaps, or delete your retroarch config files and try again.... I've not tried MK2 myself, but have got some other roms working no problems.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..You have to manually shit your system down?! Sounds serious :lol:
It does work, and it looks like you've got the correct romset, so your options really are trial and error: try a different nightly perhaps, or delete your retroarch config files and try again.... I've not tried MK2 myself, but have got some other roms working no problems.

Haha sorry my fat thumbs are to blame on my phone.

OK I'll delete the configuration files. Is there anyway of these roms actually displaying the games full name? I'm sure I'll have to guess on certain games cause the .zips are all abbreviated.

Reactions: mightymuffy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha sorry my fat thumbs are to blame on my phone.

OK I'll delete the configuration files. Is there anyway of these roms actually displaying the games full name? I'm sure I'll have to guess on certain games cause the .zips are all abbreviated.
Unfortunately no, mame is a right pain in the arse for its rom naming... maybe one day we'll get something that'll sort that out on the Wii U, but I reckon it'll be a while off.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got the Prosystem Core (Atari 7800) working :)
(The emulator crashes if you load more than 1 rom :( so exit out of the emulator first if you want to play another rom :) )

Also hope you all had a good New Year ;) I'm still feeling the effects from last night lol

Attachments

• prosystem_libretro (ELF).7z
    476.7 KB · Views: 135
  • prosystem_libretro (RPX).7z
    497.3 KB · Views: 142

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Reactions: ploggy

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Then we basically have to be complacent. Got it.

Sorry to say this but if suggestions piss alias instead of stimulating him then we have a problem. I don't think anyone is asking for something outrageous, and having to shut up and watch only causes the opposite reaction.

I don't think suggestions piss him off.
I don't think he really keeps up with the thread to be honest.

Regarding the problems... some things are just too hard to debug on consoles (GPSP dynarec for instance)

Everyone close to libretro works in the stuff they like at their own leisure.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I "Quit Retroarch" I am taken back to my homebrew launcher. But for some reason I a no longer able to launch anything within my homebrew launcher. When I try, it simply loops back to my homebrew launcher. I have to power off my WiiU to use any of homebrew. Any idea?

Last edited by infidelity,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have another question. I'm unable to run PlayStation or Segd CD. I realize that I was missing the "bios" and I now have the bios, but i'm confused as to where they need to be placed, for those 2 specific cores to detect them?
Bios files need to go in the "System" folder on your sd card.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both, I placed the bios within the "system" folder, PSX (which runs horribly choppy heh) works, & my Sega CD's work too.

Just one more question.

When I "Quit Retroarch" I am taken back to my homebrew launcher. But for some reason I a no longer able to launch anything within my homebrew launcher. When I try, it simply loops back to my homebrew launcher. I have to power off my WiiU to use any of homebrew. Any idea on how to stop this? (all my retroarch cores are the latest nightly builds)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both, I placed the bios within the "system" folder, PSX (which runs horribly choppy heh) works, & my Sega CD's work too.

Just one more question.

When I "Quit Retroarch" I am taken back to my homebrew launcher. But for some reason I a no longer able to launch anything within my homebrew launcher. When I try, it simply loops back to my homebrew launcher. I have to power off my WiiU to use any of homebrew. Any idea on how to stop this? (all my retroarch cores are the latest nightly builds)

Did you go back into Mii Maker from the home menu? AFAIK it's the only other way as the exploit uses Mii Maker to load HBL. Try exiting HBL and then loading it again?

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup that did it, (going into Mii Maker) then going back into the Hombrew Launcher Channe from my WiiU Menul. That allowed me to load up any of my homebrew apps. It appears that I have to keep doing this whenever I exit RetroArch? It's the only app that stops me from accessing my homebrew, unless I do what you suggested with Mii Maker.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup that did it, (going into Mii Maker) then going back into the Hombrew Launcher Channe from my WiiU Menul. That allowed me to load up any of my homebrew apps. It appears that I have to keep doing this whenever I exit RetroArch? It's the only app that stops me from accessing my homebrew, unless I do what you suggested with Mii Maker.

Never had that problem with the older builds of RetroArch *shrug*

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So RetroArch itself, I should regress to an earlier build? If I do so will that alter the "cores" that I have?

And also, i'm only allowed to load 1 rom a time, or else I get a DSI error crash and have to power down the WiiU. Is this also present in all builds of RetroArch?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So RetroArch itself, I should regress to an earlier build? If I do so will that alter the "cores" that I have?

And also, i'm only allowed to load 1 rom a time, or else I get a DSI error crash and have to power down the WiiU. Is this also present in all builds of RetroArch?

Newer builds aren't the best or the most stable, there hasn't been anything Wii U related added in like, two weeks, having the latest build isn't necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free