Homebrew Retroarch Unofficial/extra Cores

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@zerofalcon 's port of @Wiimpathy 's MAME 2000 core (1.0.2 MAME 2000 0.37 BETA 5 Dec 9 2015) +037b11 ROMs runs flawslesly great with the Retroarch 0.9.9.9 that IMO, is the most stable Retroarch for the Wii!
This core is compatible with ALL the MAME 037b11 romset. All the games runs without any notable, Voice Samples problems, frameskip or slowdown like the FBA core!
on the other hand, Mame2000 core need a fix for the glitchy graphics found in the letters and/or backgrounds found in some SEGA, TAITO, KONAMI games like aliens, Shinobi, Growl, Hook, XMEN... etc

Overall, MAME2000 core runs better and smoother than the FBA shit!!!

Thanks to @Wiimpathy and @zerofalcon

Last edited by Linkuei,

jiezhang0518

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@zerofalcon 's port of @Wiimpathy 's MAME 2000 core (1.0.2 MAME 2000 0.37 BETA 5 Dec 9 2015) +037b11 ROMs runs flawslesly great with the Retroarch 0.9.9.9 that IMO, is the most stable Retroarch for the Wii!
This core is compatible with ALL the MAME 037b11 romset. All the games runs without any notable, Voice Samples problems, frameskip or slowdown like the FBA core!
on the other hand, Mame2000 core need a fix for the glitchy graphics found in the letters and/or backgrounds found in some SEGA, TAITO, KONAMI games like aliens, Shinobi, Growl, Hook, XMEN... etc

Overall, MAME2000 core runs better and smoother than the FBA shit!!!

Thanks to @Wiimpathy and @zerofalcon
Thank you for sharing. But can you give me a link to download new Mame2000 core+MAME 37b11 romset! Thank you so much!

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been so long since I compiled and updated RA for Wii, lots of changes has been made since then, I'll start to compile everything from scratch, but for now, here's the mame2000 core up to date within RA 1.3.3, we can now use samples for games like donkey kong, berzerk, space invaders, etc, diagnostics are now enabled... If someone can test this core and check if everything works as expected.
https://drive.google.com/folderview...sharing&tid=0B02k3S7kSCHlMVVfb1ROXzczVTA#list

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Been so long since I compiled and updated RA for Wii, lots of changes has been made since then, I'll start to compile everything from scratch, but for now, here's the mame2000 core up to date within RA 1.3.3, we can now use samples for games like donkey kong, berzerk, space invaders, etc, diagnostics are now enabled... If someone can test this core and check if everything works as expected.
https://drive.google.com/folderview...sharing&tid=0B02k3S7kSCHlMVVfb1ROXzczVTA#list
Downloading to test right now!

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice job man! :D
Tested here and looks like thats runs faster and more optimized
we got a "skip information and disclaimer" in the core option too

-still need to restart the retroarch before change the game to previne the black screen (dsi error)
-we still got glitchy text and backgrounds graphics in some drivers like: KONAMI (aliens, xmen, simpsons...), SEGA (Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Alex Kidd, Outrun, Hang-On), TAITO (Growl, Nastar...), TECMO (Rygar, Ninja Gaiden...) :/

EDIT: Mortal Kombat II, (Ultimate) Mortal Kombat 3 and WWF Wrestlemania runs faster but still not perfect

Last edited by Linkuei,
Reactions: zerofalcon

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@zerofalcon tested, but I don't find the diagnostics and I don't get how to use the samples. I put some samples zips in the samples folder on "sd:\retroarch\samples", them I tested Donkey Kong, QBert and New Rally X. No samples playing.

Create a "samples" folder where the rom files are stored.

@zerofalcon you could compile a mame2000 or a mame78 core thats support segasystem32 driver???
Thanks!

AFAIK, sega system 32 drivers are not fully supported with mame078, even using it on RA for other platforms, I can try to compile it and we can test if something works though.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AFAIK, sega system 32 drivers are not fully supported with mame078, even using it on RA for other platforms, I can try to compile it and we can test if something works though.

Wow, that's sad :~~ I hope at least 1 or 2 games could run without problems. If you have the time, you can try add Violent Storm (by Konami)? I think its one of the best arcade beat n up.

I will try the samples very soon

RockRiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Ooops,sorry, meant to post this in this thread...

Hi guys, nice to see these cores added to the Wii port :)

I currently have 1.0.0.2 on my Wii and was wondering what are the benefits of the MAME cores for this version of RA? I think there is a MAME 2000 and MAME 2003 core? I guess the 2000 core uses a 0.37b romset and the 2003 core uses 0.78?

What games run on either of these cores that do not run on FBA for 1.0.0.2? Sorry for all the questions, hopefully somebody can help :)

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ooops,sorry, meant to post this in this thread...

Hi guys, nice to see these cores added to the Wii port :)

I currently have 1.0.0.2 on my Wii and was wondering what are the benefits of the MAME cores for this version of RA? I think there is a MAME 2000 and MAME 2003 core? I guess the 2000 core uses a 0.37b romset and the 2003 core uses 0.78?

What games run on either of these cores that do not run on FBA for 1.0.0.2? Sorry for all the questions, hopefully somebody can help :)

Many games that you can not run on finalburn you can run on this mame, and some run better like the ones who use samples. I remember I posted scans from my arcade game folders in a topic, but i don't remember what topic is :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin...