Homebrew Retroarch Unofficial/extra Cores

RockRiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot!! Zerofalcon, Madrigal & Libretro Team for Game&Watch core and *.mgw files
My RetroBriick Sytem (wii for retro emulation) is better now!!

Reactions: zerofalcon

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: OriginalHamster

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@zerofalcon I have a sugestion. For some motive, the only PC ENGINE CD core who works is the oficial 1.0.0.2, even the current PCE core from 1.3 is not working for CD games. Is possible to you convert the version 1.0.0.2 to an 1.3 who actually works for CD games?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I could not find a sticky for the latest stable build 1.3.

This is what I found so far regarding FBA.
In the arcade game " filename Turtles 2, Konami ( remake on snes, named turles in time an that system )
I found the level Neon Nightriders ins unplayable, the sprites are uncontrollable on the bottom of the screen.
The game cannot be completed becuase of this bug I think.
Hopefully there will be a fix.

If a save state is needed, I can supply it.

Also I cannot seem to get PCE CD to work, has something changed or is it broken?

Thank you so much for RA, but I keep wondering why the Stella ( atari2600 ) and Prosystem ( atari 7800 ) core aren't releases with current build.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes I know, but It's ferfect otherwise in RA, just the level mentioned is broken.
I know they can probably fix it, squarepusher has doen similar in the past.

Also is there a compiled Mame core for RA Wii?
Can you link me to it?
Thanks in advance!
I think is better for you read this complete thread, they add many cores in the commentaries. We have 2 mame cores here, see at te second page for mame cores.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I could not find a sticky for the latest stable build 1.3.

This is what I found so far regarding FBA.
In the arcade game " filename Turtles 2, Konami ( remake on snes, named turles in time an that system )
I found the level Neon Nightriders ins unplayable, the sprites are uncontrollable on the bottom of the screen.
The game cannot be completed becuase of this bug I think.
Hopefully there will be a fix.

If a save state is needed, I can supply it.

Also I cannot seem to get PCE CD to work, has something changed or is it broken?

Thank you so much for RA, but I keep wondering why the Stella ( atari2600 ) and Prosystem ( atari 7800 ) core aren't releases with current build.
1.3 still buggy, some options are not enabled will cause your system to freeze I'd recomend stay on 1.2.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1.3 still buggy, some options are not enabled will cause your system to freeze I'd recomend stay on 1.2.
Yes, I know.
I was just fooling around with the new 1.3 release.
For the most part it's fine but still alot of settings from the windows build are left in the Wii RA gui, bit sloppy....
Also are you referring to 1.2.2 ( with the broken dokatsu and neopop cores ) or 1.0.0.2?
EDIT: Seems only 1.2.2 is available fromthe libretro repo..

Last edited by Hielkenator,

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone of you guys have a 1.0.0.2 pack with all updated cores? (working pce cd, neopop, dokatsu, mgba , mame etc..)
I would love to get it, since I lost mine and Libretro has all files removed.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Last edited by nakata6790,

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@zerofalcon, this is maybe a dumb question but do your unofficial snes9x-next core save states? I've compiled my own cores with 1.0.0.2 gui and it doesn't save states, but saves sram files, another question, do you cores save/retrieve resolutions?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@zerofalcon, this is maybe a dumb question but do your unofficial snes9x-next core save states? I've compiled my own cores with 1.0.0.2 gui and it doesn't save states, but saves sram files, another question, do you cores save/retrieve resolutions?

I just tested and indeed save states are not working at all, all they do is triggering dsi code dumps or just crashing the console. I even tested the most recent and official snes9x next 1.3.0 and the same happens.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I meant doukutsu, silly me.

Also Could someone pleasepost the 1.0.0.2 fce ultra core?
It's nice to think nestopia is the best of 'em all but compatibilty is all over the place ( Crysis Force, Recca do not work in Nestopia ).

Both games work fine with Nestopia, only the Crisis Force english translated rom crash. For the japanese Crisis Force rom you need in the system retroarch folder the file NstDatabase.xml. Summer Carnival 92' (Recca) is running without issues.

@zerofalcon I have a sugestion. For some motive, the only PC ENGINE CD core who works is the oficial 1.0.0.2, even the current PCE core from 1.3 is not working for CD games. Is possible to you convert the version 1.0.0.2 to an 1.3 who actually works for CD games?

I'll take a look at it, I' hope if I build the pc engine cd core from around the time the RA 1.0.0.2 was released, it would work with the most recent 1.3.0 RA.

Thanks you very much :)
Just for the sake of completation :P, could you add UStealth support to:
  • Game & Watch
  • Virtual Boy
  • Quake
  • Wonderswan
  • Atari 2600
  • Atari 7200
  • Atari Lynx
  • Vextrex
In that order of priority :P, if not, don't worry :), most of the games fit on SD card.

Sure, still all these cores linked to RA 1.0.0.2? :yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.