Hacking Retroarch PS3 (New builds posted)

• Thread starter sj33
  • Start date
  • Views 19,442
  • Replies 38
  • Likes 2

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Someone knows if i can run NEOGEO on Retroarch PS3?

I'm using RetroArch 1.3.6+
I alreade have bios "neogeo.zip" at SSNE10000\USRDIR\cores\system

I'm tried The King of Fighters '97
kof97.zip

Load Content : Select file and Detect Core
Load archive with core : kof97.zip
Tried : Arcade (FB ALPHA) and ARCADE (MAME 2003)

But always get black screen.

Tried :
Load Core : Arcade (FB ALPHA) and ARCADE (MAME 2003)
Load Content : Select File : kof97.zip

But returns to menu

Does it run at all? Or Arcade (FB ALPHA) has nothing to do with neogeo like fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro does works with 3DS.

Any help?
You probably need a different neogeo.zip. Annoyingly, there are lots of different versions of the bios set - some work with Retroarch, some don't. I just kept trying different versions until I found one which works.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You probably need a different neogeo.zip. Annoyingly, there are lots of different versions of the bios set - some work with Retroarch, some don't. I just kept trying different versions until I found one which works.
I tried a lot today. I downloaded a specific set for MAME and use that core but nothing. Tried different roms, zip etc. NO sucess at all.

My 3DS i use core with neogeo name on it., But PS3 don't have

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The same neogeo.zip from your 3DS should work, just use that.

Regardless of the name of the core, it will be using FBA.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah i love this emu on my PS3. Have 2016-10-22.RetroArch.PS3.CEX.PS3 which i believe is latest release on PS3

Would be nice to see it updated to the current build

D

Deleted User

it's strange that in the ps3 version there are so few cores available. also i can't download new cores or update cores on my ps3. when i try to download cores from the emulator the screen flickers for one second and nothing happens.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
it's strange that in the ps3 version there are so few cores available. also i can't download new cores or update cores on my ps3. when i try to download cores from the emulator the screen flickers for one second and nothing happens.

Which cores come as standard as how is the emulation quality? Which ones are you having problems with?

Spyder3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, it has something to do with the way the PS3 processes the different cores. The cores that come stock are the ones that are stable. You can manually load other cores, but success is not likely.

snejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Two questions guys;

1. is it possible to save the button layout? Whenever i set the buttons in game or assign them through retroach menus they seem to reset after resterting the program despite i ensured i chose an option to save the settings.

2. i cannot seem to load a few roms like sengoku 3 using retroarch. already tried a few different roms and bioses. Someone here was mentioning some neo-geo issues earlier on

What would you please advice?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like on the libretro site they don't have ps3 builds of retroarch anymore for some reason, just psp and ps vita.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why the original final burn alpha and mame 2003 cores were taken out of the newer ps3 builds of retroarch for ps3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.