Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, not if I can't get past this :P
Well then, good luck. :)
This would be a great workaround for those that don't want to be dumped back into sysNAND after playing a DS game.

Are you going for complete emulation or somethig like a native interpreter ala Nintendont?

NeohopeSTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting a new error on CPS2 with the Marvel Capcom games: Assertion failed at griffin/../audio/audio_driver.c:353. anybody else getting this? (Something to do with my audio config maybe?) All the other cores run great!

Last edited by NeohopeSTF,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, good luck. :)
This would be a great workaround for those that don't want to be dumped back into sysNAND after playing a DS game.

Are you going for complete emulation or somethig like a native interpreter ala Nintendont?
You'd need to code a whole new app for an interpreter. And given the current limits on homebrew (above 9.2 at least) I don't even know if THAT's possible.

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come bearing gifts!

I compiled a PCSX CIA for the NEW 3DS ONLY with the extra memory enabled.

With no audio, vsync off, no frameskip, and ff:
  • FF7: Averages 60 fps in battles and can even get up to 120 fps without the frame limiter. It dips to ~45 fps but is barely noticeable.
  • Crash Bandicoot: avg 30 fps whereas I was getting ~24 beforehand IIRC.
  • Spyro: Avg 24 fps whereas I was getting 16-21.
For all I know this is purely a placebo effect. I suggest trying it; you can always install the nightly cia over it :)

Attachments

• PCSX ReARMed.cia.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 213

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I come bearing gifts!

• FF7: Averages 60 fps in battles and can even get up to 120 fps without the frame limiter. It dips to ~45 fps but is barely noticeable.
For all I know this is purely a placebo effect. I suggest trying it; you can always install the nightly cia over it :)
I have no experience with CIAs but would enabling extra memory and making a 3dsx speed it up for 9.9+, or would we still need kernel access? (I am aware that the CIA version runs significantly faster because of the kernel access BTW, I'm just wonering if the 3dsx could benefit from the extra memory)

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no experience with CIAs but would enabling extra memory and making a 3dsx speed it up for 9.9+, or would we still need kernel access? (I am aware that the CIA version runs significantly faster because of the kernel access BTW, I'm just wonering if the 3dsx could benefit from the extra memory)

Developers don't get to choose the memory for 3dsx builds, sadly. When creating the cia file from the elf file, we can set the allocated memory. Sorry, but I'm sure Smea's RAM fixes will arrive in due time :)

xombiexplox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come bearing gifts!

8.1 N3DS, not seeing improvement over the regular build.....thanks for helping though, I look forward to future updates.

Link_enfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So by now, I guess even CatSFC Plus (3DSX build) runs most popular games 60fps with very few to no slowdowns at all? I have to try the latest build but couldn't find the time to.
Also I've read that disabling Audio Sync improves performance, but at what cost exactly? I think it was enabled the last time I tried as it's the default setting, but if it doesn't make a big change and allows for constant 60fps in CatSFC Plus then it should be perfect.

Can't wait to try the new builds, things evolve so quickly :) Keep up the good work!

witheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So by now, I guess even CatSFC Plus (3DSX build) runs most popular games 60fps with very few to no slowdowns at all? I have to try the latest build but couldn't find the time to.
Also I've read that disabling Audio Sync improves performance, but at what cost exactly? I think it was enabled the last time I tried as it's the default setting, but if it doesn't make a big change and allows for constant 60fps in CatSFC Plus then it should be perfect.

Can't wait to try the new builds, things evolve so quickly :) Keep up the good work!
No, SuperFX games can still lag quite a bit, and that includes many of everyone's favorite games

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I come bearing gifts!

While the extra RAM isn't actually necessary for PS1 emulation and thus likely wouldn't affect speed, it's still interesting you were able to do this!

Maybe @aliaspider would be interested in your implementation? It would mainly be useful for Neo Geo games.

Reactions: SLiV3R

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I come bearing gifts!

gunna test this out, thanks buddeh / guyeh/ fwriend!

any one have any idea where the frame limiter is at? Brave Fencer sometimes runs at 70fps (too fast!) also the BIOS isn't scrambled in this version and it's centered! awesome job!

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I come bearing gifts!

Cool! how much more RAM are we talking here ?
would be very interested in testing more RAM on a new3DS cia build for NeoGeo and CPS2 (not sure what the biggest ROM is on CPS2 though).

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! how much more RAM are we talking here ?
would be very interested in testing more RAM on a new3DS cia build for NeoGeo and CPS2 (not sure what the biggest ROM is on CPS2 though).
Probably the same amount Ninjhax 2.5 is gonna have. So like 128MB.

Reactions: Azel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: