Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on using R2 / L2 in games? It really prevents me from playing!
i just map the most used buttons of L, L2, R, and R2 to the shoulder buttons and the less used ones to the right analog stick

as for the latest nightly tomba is broken now and crashes at boot but atleast warzone2100 works great

Reactions: Simando

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you replace your eboot.bin with this https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u1bxfh73izb5pc/eboot.bin?dl=0

and send me your coredump?

thanks

I am going to try other copies first as I had problems with another game which worked OK with another copy.

OK Silhouette mirage needed the pad style in "Quick Menu" "options" set to Analogue for start to work correctly on title screen?

It would work ok when Spaz productions routine showed but not to start the game.

But setting to Analogue stops others working with start.

Harmful Park was a bad dump.

Sorry will check before posting next time.

Last edited by Kerbangman,

shadow910512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis filesize as a .bin/.cue - 688MB. Filesize as an eboot .pbp - 425MB.

These filesize differences are silly. Use .pbp files, guys.

[
true dat, converting my backups to .pbp already
Breath of Fire IV .bin/.cue 670mb, convert to .pbp only 274mb
dont see any problem for now

D

Deleted User

I think about it, is this possible to use IPS patch with the retroarch version of PCSX ?

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually very impressed with the standard of this emulator; they've all been working very hard!
I avoided using it for a while thinking that would be slow as molasses but I broke down yesterday and downloaded it and popped Crash bandicoot 2 in and was like "...whoa it works" lol very surprised it works this well right off the bat. And with .pbp files as well!

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I avoided using it for a while thinking that would be slow as molasses but I broke down yesterday and downloaded it and popped Crash bandicoot 2 in and was like "...whoa it works" lol very surprised it works this well right off the bat. And with .pbp files as well!

yeah I was surprised as well considering it somehow performs better than my nvidia shield portable version of retroarch does I expected it to be such a mess but most games actually run better than they do with the built in emulator

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I was surprised as well considering it somehow performs better than my nvidia shield portable version of retroarch does I expected it to be such a mess but most games actually run better than they do with the built in emulator
Right =] Seriously, if they can iron out the sleep mode and save issues most of these games are actually playable. I'm super excited!

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right =] Seriously, if they can iron out the sleep mode and save issues most of these games are actually playable. I'm super excited!
the sleep mode/home button thing isn't exactly their fault think about it the emulator thinks its running a cd so when you go into sleep mode or press home button its basically the same as removing the cd which is why it results in a black screen

Galick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha, brilliant. Yeah, that's such a great feature too since memory is so expensive on the Vita too.

I think this is going to be the go to for PSX games. One of the reasons to choose this over the pspemu is that, for pspemu, PSX games are rendered at 480 x 272 then upscaled to 960 x 544, IIRC.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sleep mode/home button thing isn't exactly their fault think about it the emulator thinks its running a cd so when you go into sleep mode or press home button its basically the same as removing the cd which is why it results in a black screen
Yeah because once you eject the virtual disk the game continues to play until the next loading session. Sega CD and PCE CD have the same issue. They are a tad useless if this problem isn't fixed lol

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah because once you eject the virtual disk the game continues to play until the next loading session. Sega CD and PCE CD have the same issue. They are a tad useless if this problem isn't fixed lol
I never use sleep mode and have no reason to press the home button so its fine for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple