Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with you on this one. I wish there were more customization for each individual core... I designed a background for the Neo-Geo core, but it's used by all of them. Argh.

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since frangarcj says that MAME 2000 now finally works, I'm going to add it to the nightlies. Keep watching the nightly section like a hawk I guess.

EDIT: Actualy scratch that, it was already in the nightlies, just it never worked. So I guess we should wait for the next nightly build, and it should work then.

Do note you need iMAME4All/MAME 2000 romsets for this.

From the repo's description:

https://github.com/libretro/mame2000-libretro

"Compatible with iMAME4All/MAME4Droid/MAME 0.37b5 romsets."
Libretro can you add images to the core icons like the ones @sj33 posted

Images to the bubbles , atleast the most popular ones nes,snes,sega,gameboy

Not the most important thing right now but it would be nice, so that we don't have to do it when we update the nightly builds
Thanks

Reactions: smokemonster

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Libretro can you add images to the core icons like the ones @sj33 posted

Images to the bubbles , atleast the most popular ones nes,snes,sega,gameboy

Not the most important thing right now but it would be nice, so that we don't have to do it when we update the nightly builds
Thanks

even if they did I would still just change it back to what I make mine look like

example:
RrGsxdv.jpg

eGAttHa.jpg

(i haven't done them all yet because its kind of tedious to do but once the icons are made its easy to move them over to each new vpk)

Reactions: BxThorne

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mame2003 added in last nightly, but it's not usable now because the performance is TOOOOOOOOO slow. Use fbalpha or Mame2000 instead if possible game.

Yeah, frangarcj in order to make it work had to change optimization level to 0, which would make it very slow. That and MAME 2003 is already a lot slower than MAME 2000, but it supports more roms.

We will have to see if we can still set optimization levels to 1 or 2 for MAME 2003 eventually.

dirtybeagles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been working on FBA 2012 and the only set I have is .38. I cannot find a set for .30. Am I missing something here or does set .38 not work at all with this port? Thank you in advanced.

AriaOnThePlanetes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been working on FBA 2012 and the only set I have is .38. I cannot find a set for .30. Am I missing something here or does set .38 not work at all with this port? Thank you in advanced.
If you have .38 set, you can try FBAlpha instead of FBAlpha2012. Both are available in Vita nightly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In Mame2003, There is same bug as FBAlpha cores in vertical games. (screen is flipped) (Mame2000 doesn't flipped screen but many games have wrong screen ratios)

Another question for Mame2000: Is it possible to save cfg, nvram? Some Cave shooters need them to initialize nvram correctly. (Dodonpachi, ESPRade)

Last edited by AriaOnThePlanetes,

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is an updated icon pack with the folders correctly renamed to work with the latest nightly.

https://mega.nz/#!lI5lzLwQ!0Nr_rWMfo-6GbQNGshkiuLsxV3a8kgF6vOX3vWqxMUA

Could @SeongGino update the first post?

A bit late on my end, but suuuuuure.
Guess I'll also update the new core added as well.

Thread Updates:
Updated core listing.
Updated changelog to reflect the new MAME.
Updated performance estimations, to be tested further so consider the changes tentative.
Removed Herobrine.

Last edited by SeongGino,

BxThorne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happened to pce fast (turbo grafix 16 cd)? the video isn't fullscreen anymore mann.. im considering downgrading this particular one so i can play valis 4 fullscreen. its funny the other emulators still have fullscreen tho 1nce you set it smh. thx anyway :>

Last edited by BxThorne,

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
even if they did I would still just change it back to what I make mine look like

example: -snip-
-snip-

(i haven't done them all yet because its kind of tedious to do but once the icons are made its easy to move them over to each new vpk)

Good for you. In my opinion your backgrounds and icons don't look very eye pleasing, so I'd rather have the ones he made.

A bit late on my end, but suuuuuure.
Guess I'll also update the new core added as well.

Thread Updates:
Updated core listing.
Updated changelog to reflect the new MAME.
Updated performance estimations, to be tested further so consider the changes tentative.
Removed Herobrine.

I think you forgot to add fbalpha to the changelog?
Not sure though, I may be missing it because there are too many cores in the changelog.

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me, I cant figure how to edit the controls of MAME at least not in the Mortal Kombat games. Oneuser said in quick menu, then controls... But... That option dont appear on mame! At least it does on cps2fba for example.

What I have to do? Please dont be cryptic guys :(

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me, I cant figure how to edit the controls of MAME at least not in the Mortal Kombat games. Oneuser said in quick menu, then controls... But... That option dont appear on mame! At least it does on cps2fba for example.

What I have to do? Please dont be cryptic guys :(

you cant. mame/neo geo and maybe fba dont allow you to do that. i even made a post about it because mortal kombat controls are all over the place. it was explained a few pages back or so why they didnt add that in but it seems like it is something that quite a few people want. we just have to wait it out, i guess.

the only other way you can change them is going into the settings > input and then change player 1 binds. you would have to remember what the buttons currently are and where to change them. the main problem with this is it will also change the buttons around in the menu not just the game itself. so things can get a bit confusing.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant. mame/neo geo and maybe fba dont allow you to do that. i even made a post about it because mortal kombat controls are all over the place. it was explained a few pages back or so why they didnt add that in but it seems like it is something that quite a few people want. we just have to wait it out, i guess.

the only other way you can change them is going into the settings > input and then change player 1 binds. you would have to remember what the buttons currently are and where to change them. the main problem with this is it will also change the buttons around in the menu not just the game itself. so things can get a bit confusing.

Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)