Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess we will be getting a better UI starting as of today or so. There might still be a few things which look 'off' compared to the PC like icon/text spacing but that will likely sort itself out over time.
Anyone looked at Ikemen? Is easy or complicated to port? Even if it will take a long time to come i want to avoid to be forgoten.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess we will be getting a better UI starting as of today or so. There might still be a few things which look 'off' compared to the PC like icon/text spacing but that will likely sort itself out over time.

Can you tell us something about loading different cores in one unified Retroarch app/bubble?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new XMB is pretty keen. I'm going to experiment with different fonts, though, because the ones currently offered are way too tiny.

By the way, is there any way to swap RetroArch icons? That Space Invader isn't very descriptive when you've got several of them onscreen at once.

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing the 3 icons on top from this image , is that something I have to enable or is not available yet
8QU1cR8.jpg

Also There's an option for box covers in settings , is that something that will work in the future

Last edited by PlaystationTV,
Reactions: memomo

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Reddit ,after doing this everything looks like the picture above
Retroarch will restart after updating , let it finish

Quote:
Ewzzy

PROTIP: In addition to deleting your config (in /ux0:/data/retroarch) you should use the "Online Updater" in Retroarch to "Update Assets" That will give you the background and icons that make XMB so nice.

Reactions: sj33

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new XMB is pretty keen. I'm going to experiment with different fonts, though, because the ones currently offered are way too tiny.

By the way, is there any way to swap RetroArch icons? That Space Invader isn't very descriptive when you've got several of them onscreen at once.
In ur:0/appmeta find your app then change the icon0.png to another one of your choosing. The size has to be 128x128.

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing the 3 icons on top from this image , is that something I have to enable or is not available yet
8QU1cR8.jpg

Also There's an option for box covers in settings , is that something that will work in the future

the icons are not in this version of the nightly yet pretty much consider it an early look

BxThorne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to get sega 32x roms to work? ive tried everything (yes i hav my bios files in the core/system, yes ive erased every eboot.bin file in retroarch and the cfg, yes ive tried it with pictodrive and sega gx) any help will be greatly appreciated.. and any neo geo cd compatiblity? thx in advance. *And just for the record guys ive gotten super mario 74 to work on daedalus 1909 thru vhbl. this is good :>

Last edited by BxThorne,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
is there anyway to get sega 32x roms to work? ive tried everything (yes i hav my bios files in the core/system, yes ive erased every eboot.bin file in retroarch and the cfg, yes ive tried it with pictodrive and sega gx) any help will be greatly appreciated.. and any neo geo cd compatiblity? thx in advance. *And just for the record guys ive gotten super mario 74 to work on daedalus 1909 thru vhbl. this is good :>
Genesis Plus GX doesn't support 32x.

PicoDrive DOES and even supports dynarec for 32X games once they get it working, but the core is still broken. It's one of the cores I'm most looking forward to.

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote from Reddit

"If you have scanned no-intro romsets, you can have boxart/screenshots appear with your roms in the menu"

Is this really possible , putting boxart images inside roms and have it shown on this new XMb UI ?

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you cycle through weapons in Doom through prboom? The Controls menu has it tied to L2/R2, which I imagine is top left and top right of the rear touchpad, but nothing's working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.