Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"2017-05-10_RetroArch", nightly build while its up. the 5/11 version seems to break the menu, can't seem to call it after a rom is loaded.

(Rom path = ux0:/roms/snes ............. Image path = ux0:/data/retroarch/thumbnails/roms/snes/xxxxxx.png)

Does not show images of any kind, it changes the tab icon to the "Content Tab", go to director option and change "file browser" to the path of your roms like "ux0:/roms/snes" ................. the best that can be done so far until images are enabled ................. most important fact is the similar file paths, since we do not need to use playlist.lpl files (that and the database options should be scrapped, worst use of ideas since the N64 Emulator's confusing CRC, which I've played with in the past) (Everything else seems good, the only snes emulation better on a console is the xbox, but this one has better sound)

Correct Playlist Example (use notepad, named "playlist.lpl")

ux0:/roms/snes/F-Zero - Axnfantics Edition.zip
F-Zero - Axnfantics Edition
app0:/eboot.bin
Snes9x 2002
0|crc
playlist.lpl
ux0:/roms/snes/SMRPG - Armgdn 8 Hard.zip
SMRPG - Armgdn 8 Hard
app0:/eboot.bin
Snes9x 2002
0|crc
playlist.lpl

(You don't need to use playlist if your just using one or two cores, that is you installed one or two or so different .vpk emulators from the distribution package, like I've installed snes 2002 and snes 2005. You can specific what core the rom is using like "Snes9x2002" to save yourself some time, if you have more than one core installed for roms (no need because using a single core installation does not reference multiple cores in the same install, unless you want to install a big fat package, lots of wasted space) (no speed increase using a unzipped file for snes, better to save a little space) (opening and closing the menu rapidly will just restart the rom, doesn't seem to crash the emulator, this indicates the instability in using images to preview the roms, so probably why option is disabled anyway)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: cvskid

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think nobody understand what i mean.
In other cores, savestates do a sort of freeze during the saving process (and loading), but on pcsx, the game doesn't stop and continue with much lags and slowdown until the end of the process, and it is a bit annoying.
Faster or slower i only want to know if it is possible to have this features on pcsx like it was on other cores.

pralima87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think nobody understand what i mean.
In other cores, savestates do a sort of freeze during the saving process (and loading), but on pcsx, the game doesn't stop and continue with much lags and slowdown until the end of the process, and it is a bit annoying.
Faster or slower i only want to know if it is possible to have this features on pcsx like it was on other cores.

Nope that was not fixed.
Might be a core issue.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I just noticed a really bad bug when using the all in one vpk.

If you wait too long before switching cores the screen will freeze and you have to reboot your device.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, There's another workaround for pcsx suspend/resume bug. Put your roms inside ux0:/app/RETROVITA if you are using all in one vpk. You have to open the iso by browsing app0 inside Retroarch
Would help for pcsx savestates if i upload for you (so you can check) the latest nightly bin/self (september 2016) where work like in the other cores? The only problem was that sometimes its crash during the loadstate, but the saving works correctly.

frangarcj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would help for pcsx savestates if i upload for you (so you can check) the latest nightly bin/self (september 2016) where work like in the other cores? The only problem was that sometimes its crash during the loadstate, but the saving works correctly.

I think it is something that has to do with netplay. I have to ask about it

Reactions: Count Duckula

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol