Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally have SFIII 3rd strike hack working, thanks to chinese site bbs.duowan.
Its simply to modify the CRC32 check inside the eboot.bin of core you need to rom (in my case: FBA)
If you notice, the core have the original unmodified crc32, when the hack rom have different for modified file.

https://translate.googleusercontent...1.html&usg=ALkJrhi1sjO472MKdCaTz8vMWplGWtgGUw

P.S: I would like to know why the RA team delete only my post-request on github >_>

Last edited by Lord M,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is New super mario for nintendo DS running on VITA SO FAR please ?
Dont expect the DS Core to work that great. Bejeweled 3 goes so damn slow. Same with Tetris Party Deluxe, and Solitaire DS. Guessing NSMB DS will be the same

Edit: Something is seriously wrong with the CPS1 FBA Core. NONE of the CPS1 Roms will work...........but the FBA Core which has all of them in 1 will run them with no problems.
Build: 2016-10-19

Last edited by Smoker1,

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont expect the DS Core to work that great. Bejeweled 3 goes so damn slow. Same with Tetris Party Deluxe, and Solitaire DS. Guessing NSMB DS will be the same

Edit: Something is seriously wrong with the CPS1 FBA Core. NONE of the CPS1 Roms will work...........but the FBA Core which has all of them in 1 will run them with no problems.
Build: 2016-10-19

You are probably using a .38 ROMset instead of the .30 set that the standalone cores use, which explains why it works on the AIO.

On that note, I wish we could delete unused cores.

Reactions: Smoker1

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay seems odd as this whole show is absolutely piracy...

No, it is not; this is under the guise that any games being played are via LEGAL backups, after all; we do NOT endorse piracy. It's been apart of the Terms and Rules for a while, which you had to accept to register for GBATemp.
According to the Terms and Rules... said:
"Warez" - ROMs, WADs & ISOs

"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.
We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.

And Gbatemp.net have posted links to BsZelda yest and Mario 64 last impact.. Last week...
There is a difference between providing direct links to copyrighted material that is still available for purchase (Such as [as much as we do not acknowledge this as an option] arcade boards as was listed above) and fan-made PATCHES to content that has literally been lost to time and thus cannot be retrieved, played, or otherwise viewed without dumps (I.E. Every BS-X dump ever made).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are probably using a .38 ROMset instead of the .30 set that the standalone cores use, which explains why it works on the AIO.

On that note, I wish we could delete unused cores.

When/If the "Core Updater" works, MAYBE then you could... but considering it's built in pretty solidly into the port as a whole, I doubt this'll be the case.

Also, I completely doubt DS will become usable, especially in RetroArch; it is known to be rather adverse to hacky methods of getting speed in emulators, such as DS here.

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
New here but created the account so I might as well say it, the work you guys are doing both Retroarch for building these cores and GBAtemp for updating such a list of them on here is great work, massively appreciate it, really been enjoying the heck out of Street fighter EX+Alpha on the lovely Vita screen, blown away by how well it runs the Psone and sooo looking forward to the day I come here to find that PSP games are finally playable via HENKaku, I have been going back to my PSPGo to get my fix of Every Extend Extra every now and then and can't wait to see how it will look on the Vita's beautiful screen, was so sad they never bought that game to PSNstore, easily one of my favourite PSP titles.

But yeah, can't thank you guys enough for all the work on these emulators.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can...Just rename retroarch.vpk as retroarch.zip and open it up in Winrar/7zip and delete the .self files you don't need.
Dont need to rename...
And if you have already installed AiO vpk, simply go to ux0/app/"retroarchfolder (dont remembe the exactly name, about RETROVITA or something)" folder and delete the .self of core you dont want.

i-s-m-j

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally have SFIII 3rd strike hack working, thanks to chinese site bbs.duowan.
Its simply to modify the CRC32 check inside the eboot.bin of core you need to rom (in my case: FBA)
If you notice, the core have the original unmodified crc32, when the hack rom have different for modified file.

https://translate.googleusercontent...1.html&usg=ALkJrhi1sjO472MKdCaTz8vMWplGWtgGUw

P.S: I would like to know why the RA team delete only my post-request on github >_>
That method is a bullsheet, is more easy edit the drivers of the FBA and compile the core.
In burn\burn\drv\cps3\d_cps3.cpp
// -----------------------------------------------------------------
// Street Fighter III 4rd Strike: Fight for the Future Arranged Edition (Japan 990608, NO CD)

static struct BurnRomInfo sfiii4rdRomDesc[] = {
{ "4rd-simm1.0", 0x200000, 0x11dfd3cd, BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, \
{ "4rd-simm1.1", 0x200000, 0xc50585e6, BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, \
{ "4rd-simm1.2", 0x200000, 0x8e011d9b, BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, \
{ "4rd-simm1.3", 0x200000, 0xdca8d92f, BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, \
{ "4rd-simm5.6", 0x200000, 0x85de59e5, BRF_GRA }, \
{ "4rd-simm5.7", 0x200000, 0xee7e29b3, BRF_GRA }, \
{ "sfiii3_japan_nocd.29f400.u2", 0x080000, 0x1edc6366, BRF_ESS | BRF_BIOS }, // SH-2 Bios

SFIII3_990608_FLASH
};

STD_ROM_PICK(sfiii4rd)
STD_ROM_FN(sfiii4rd)

struct BurnDriver BurnDrvSfiii4rd = {
"sfiii4rd", "sfiii3", NULL, NULL, "1999",
"Street Fighter III 4rd Strike: Fight for the Future Arranged Edition (Japan 990608, NO CD)\0", NULL, "Capcom", "CPS-3",
NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
BDF_GAME_WORKING | BDF_16BIT_ONLY | BDF_CLONE, 2, HARDWARE_CAPCOM_CPS3 | HARDWARE_CAPCOM_CPS3_NO_CD, GBF_VSFIGHT, FBF_SF,
NULL, sfiii4rdRomInfo, sfiii4rdRomName, NULL, NULL, cps3InputInfo, japanDIPInfo,
sfiii3Init, cps3Exit, cps3Frame, NULL, cps3Scan, &cps3_palette_change, 0x40000,
384, 224, 4, 3
};

In \burn\dep\generated\driverlist.h
DRV BurnDrvSfiii4rd;

Now compile and comment, I dont know if there are syntax error.

One day I will make a FBA with hackroms like FBA N3O of PC... Lazyness

Last edited by i-s-m-j,
Reactions: Smoker1

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Latest nightlies are NIGHTLIES

Quite.
New here but created the account so I might as well say it, the work you guys are doing both Retroarch for building these cores and GBAtemp for updating such a list of them on here is great work, massively appreciate it, really been enjoying the heck out of Street fighter EX+Alpha on the lovely Vita screen, blown away by how well it runs the Psone and sooo looking forward to the day I come here to find that PSP games are finally playable via HENKaku, I have been going back to my PSPGo to get my fix of Every Extend Extra every now and then and can't wait to see how it will look on the Vita's beautiful screen, was so sad they never bought that game to PSNstore, easily one of my favourite PSP titles.

But yeah, can't thank you guys enough for all the work on these emulators.

Thank you, thank you. You're too kind. (^^;

Dont need to rename...
And if you have already installed AiO vpk, simply go to ux0/app/"retroarchfolder (dont remembe the exactly name, about RETROVITA or something)" folder and delete the .self of core you dont want.

Will keep this noted.

Anyone get Handy Core working? Every version of Retro freezes on the Loading rom screen

And that's what I had issue with. But nevertheless, some others HAVE gotten Handy to work.
Buuuuuut... make sure you use the right Lynx BIOS since that's a necessity. Otherwise, dunno how to help apart from bad ROM dumps. *Shrugs*

soapdishbandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite.

Thank you, thank you. You're too kind. (^^;

Will keep this noted.

And that's what I had issue with. But nevertheless, some others HAVE gotten Handy to work.
Buuuuuut... make sure you use the right Lynx BIOS since that's a necessity. Otherwise, dunno how to help apart from bad ROM dumps. *Shrugs*

Thanks for the reply SeongGino. IIRC, handy doesn't need a bios? And even so, I have the lynx bios inside my system folder. I test lynx on my retroarch PC setup and works fine, so the roms are okay. Any other suggestions? Really wanting to play A.P.B. and Blue Lightning! :)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That method is a bullsheet, is more easy edit the drivers of the FBA and compile the core.
// Street Fighter III 4rd Strike: Fight for the Future Arranged Edition (Japan 990608, NO CD)

{ "sfiii3_japan_nocd.29f400.u2", 0x080000, 0x1edc6366, BRF_ESS | BRF_BIOS }, // SH-2 Bios

SFIII3_990608_FLASH
};

STD_ROM_PICK(sfiii4rd)
STD_ROM_FN(sfiii4rd)

"Street Fighter III 4rd Strike: Fight for the Future Arranged Edition (Japan 990608, NO CD)\0", NULL, "Capcom", "CPS-3",
NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
BDF_GAME_WORKING | BDF_16BIT_ONLY | BDF_CLONE, 2, HARDWARE_CAPCOM_CPS3 | HARDWARE_CAPCOM_CPS3_NO_CD, GBF_VSFIGHT, FBF_SF,
NULL, sfiii4rdRomInfo, sfiii4rdRomName, NULL, NULL, cps3InputInfo, japanDIPInfo,
384, 224, 4, 3
};

DRV BurnDrvSfiii4rd;

Wtf?
Your explanation is clear how the meaning of life...

You can add the check for numeric files as well? (10,20,30 without extension) Because 4td Strike Beta (not AE 2013; another hack) have those file inside the zip with the simm files, but FBA doesnt load those file and then start the unmodified game

Last edited by Lord M,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SFIII3_990608_FLASH
};

STD_ROM_PICK(sfiii4rd)
STD_ROM_FN(sfiii4rd)

NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
384, 224, 4, 3
};

DRV BurnDrvSfiii4rd;

There is a FBA Hack that allows for Homebrew/Hacked Roms like HBMAME on the neo-nebuwaks Site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)