Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Effef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Been away for a while. Does the latest version fixes GBA games random crashing and the screen problem post 1.3.3 versions had?

hutzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
At first, 1.5.0 Stable(cia) still random crash with GBA. Today it can playing evey GBA on N3DS with no random crash anymore. But I cannot remember what I had config in settings (may be a Directory for cache or some video configuration). Now for me GBA game is 100% fast(60fps), stable, no lag, no random crash.

majoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
At first, 1.5.0 Stable(cia) still random crash with GBA. Today it can playing evey GBA on N3DS with no random crash anymore. But I cannot remember what I had config in settings (may be a Directory for cache or some video configuration). Now for me GBA game is 100% fast(60fps), stable, no lag, no random crash.
srs ? please let us know what you changed in the settings to make it stop crashing

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried setting the cache directory and core dir etc to various places and messed around with a lot of video settings and the only thing that stops a crash is turning the dynarec off. Maybe post some screens of your settings if you can.Testing with Jet Grind Radio (E) which you lucky to get into game play at all with dynarec on. N3DS gpsp 1.5 stable

Reactions: majoru

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems legit.

hutzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I tried setting the cache directory and core dir etc to various places and messed around with a lot of video settings and the only thing that stops a crash is turning the dynarec off. Maybe post some screens of your settings if you can.Testing with Jet Grind Radio (E) which you lucky to get into game play at all with dynarec on. N3DS gpsp 1.5 stable

Here is my settings that I can remember it changed (except dynarec, it's always on).

WP_20170325_13_54_54_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_55_18_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_55_56_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_56_42_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_56_51_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_58_22_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_59_04_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_13_59_34_Pro.jpg WP_20170325_14_00_59_Pro.jpg

Chopsuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone tell me if ver. 1.3.3 is the latest build of PCSX (PS1) that can actually play games ? I Once had a 1.4.? version (something with a fancy gui) and i wasnt able to play games with it, i searched a bit and found that that verion can't play games, so i got back to 1.3.3. I'm just wondering if there is any later build that can load/play games a little bit faster, or is 1.3.3 the best choice . If not can someone please link the latest to me ?

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone tell me if ver. 1.3.3 is the latest build of PCSX (PS1) that can actually play games ? I Once had a 1.4.? version (something with a fancy gui) and i wasnt able to play games with it, i searched a bit and found that that verion can't play games, so i got back to 1.3.3. I'm just wondering if there is any later build that can load/play games a little bit faster, or is 1.3.3 the best choice . If not can someone please link the latest to me ?

The latest working Version is one of the latest nighlys from Version 1.3.6. You can find it at that thread:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-3ds-retroarch-builds-compatibility-thread.462252/

The savestate-loading and saving is much faster in Version 1.3.3, than in the latest working

Chopsuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, i think the saving speed isnt that important for me, but does the version 1.3.6 have a better performance? so do i have a chance of better FPS in game ?
there are no significant differences in performance between the two versions

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
@aliaspider Do you plan on fixing the 3DS version any time soon? The latest "stable" release, 1.5.0, seems to be even worse! I'm experiencing a lot of random crashing in all emulators simply while navigating the XMB menu, sometimes without even having a ROM loaded first!

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As libretro team started since about 15 days to give bounty for help on some tasks, maybe we will have someone that will come and work again on it, who know! :)

"Fix gba dynarec"
"Tweak PCSX rearmed"
"little teak on the tearing that appears on some games for picodrive core"
show must go on!! :)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
As libretro team started since about 15 days to give bounty for help on some tasks, maybe we will have someone that will come and work again on it, who know! :)

"Fix gba dynarec"
"Tweak PCSX rearmed"
"little teak on the tearing that appears on some games for picodrive core"
show must go on!! :)

Those first 2 are the biggest issues imo..

Hope those will get fixed one day!!! :)

Reactions: haazet

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i apologize if this has been asked but i dident want to wast an entire day looking through almost 300 pages of posts just to see if it was

how does one take GBA save files for an older version of retroarch and migrate them to this ver? .... i tried just copying them to the new folder structure but its like they never existed in the first place ... none of the GBA games can see or use the existing save files .... i also tried changing the save file extension to match a test save i made in this version and it still is not working ... any explanations would help ... thats if it is even possible lol ... i really dont wanna have to start all my games over just to have non glitched sound

nevermind .... i tried to make another save from within a game and it crashed on me 3 times before i could even get to a save spot so i am dumping this version and going back to the old one ... glitched sound is better than a broken emu lol ..... i will just keep an eye on this project untill that issue is fixed ^.=.^

Last edited by Crimson-Fyre,

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how does one take GBA save files for an older version of retroarch and migrate them to this ver? .... i tried just copying them to the new folder structure but its like they never existed in the first place ... none of the GBA games can see or use the existing save files .... i also tried changing the save file extension to match a test save i made in this version and it still is not working ... any explanations would help ... thats if it is even possible lol ... i really dont wanna have to start all my games over just to have non glitched sound

I'm afraid I don't use Retroarch post 1.3.3 so am not familiar with the new folder structure, but I'm surprised to read that it doesn't seem read save files.

I would double check that I haven't confused save files with save state files (both types of these are in their own dedicated folders by default in the older Retroarch builds).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?