[RetroArch] Assign multiple keys to one control

ThatsMyFace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is pretty simple. I want to be able to use 2 different sets of controls for the same user on a single keyboard. (i.e. if I want to be able to make both the Z key and the U key correspond to the A button, how do I do that?). Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the emulator itself does not support it and you don't want to recode the emulator to handle it (it is probably not a trivial mod, though if your did it then you might be able to get it into the code rather than having to compile a new one each time) then you might look into keyboard macros. https://autohotkey.com/ looks like a good start. Most are designed to have one button input multiple buttons/sequences and such but there is nothing stopping you from having multiple macros that are just one button to ultimately press the same "button". It should be fast enough for use on games (many use it for such things) but be aware it might be an issue.
Alternatively a lot of things with only one input might still have the option to input a joypad press instead. If you can figure out a way to fake a joypad button with a keyboard (most usually go the other way and have the joypad fake a keyboard and mouse so I have no suggestions here) you might get somewhere.

Herqz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
found out that you can if you set maximum player port to 2. then when inside the game, go to quick menu then control. click port 2 then click mapped port. what this does is make the port 2 button to port 1 input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: