Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers fellas, it's been an insightful 20 minutes just now

Also how does one enable multitap on Snes9x Next?

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, were there any games exclusive to the Famicom Disk System/ or are there benefits to playing these versions over the NES versions (better music or some such thing)?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Out of curiosity, were there any games exclusive to the Famicom Disk System/ or are there benefits to playing these versions over the NES versions (better music or some such thing)?

You get better music/sound effects and saving support in return for Commodore 64 disk drive-esque loading times.

Reactions: tacodaemon

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You get better music/sound effects and saving support in return for Commodore 64 disk drive-esque loading times.
Yes, backup support and SFX for Metroid.
Chance to play Castlevania 2 ( originally only released on FDS in Japan, with battery Backup.
Other than that probably just a novelty really.
Loading times are manageable on FCEUGX an WiiMednafen. ( 10 sec )

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, looks like I had to fix FDS loading support for consoles - a slash had to be appended for consoles apparently. It works now. Anyways, I might push a silent update that fixes this.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers guys, maybe I will get a romset as a novelty, always nice to have another system emulated on my Wii :)

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A very strange and disconcerting error occured - I was using the Neo-Geo core, and upon loading bangbead.zip it had loaded an incorrect palette (sort of brownish-purplish) and ran at half speed, the weird thing is this carried over even after I left retroarch, the homebrew channel ran with incorrect colors and at half speed! there is no problem with the game itself as I had loaded it fine afterwards, but just something really weird and similar to what happened to another user before (although I had not left the console running for several hours beforehand and didn't have to do with resolution settings). Unfortunately I don't know how to reproduce it, sorry...

Sad to hear this still can happen.

AntonioJosedeSou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.whisperedwords.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Carrier Airwing has some sprite scrambling, and hangs halfway the first level. (cps1)
The irritating maze (Neo-Geo) black screen loading.

I can confirm about the sprites scrambling in Carrier Airwing. It didn't hang halfway in the 1st level though. I tried 4 times.
The Irritating Maze is a driver problem in FBA. It doesn't work neither in the Official FBA for PC.

Btw, are you planning separate the PGM and Psyko cores too?
There is only 3 roms +23 mb in the Psyko core and 4 roms +23 mb in the PGM core.
Not sure If all those roms gonna be playable though. Since they don't even run fullspeed in PS360.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please don't question what I do to FBA - your Wii is strapped for RAM to begin with - the more drivers that can be 'removed' from mainline FBA and moved into separate cores the bigger the memory footprint is for loading other games.
Ok, be quiet! I was just asking why, not questioning.
I'll stick with the old version then. Rebooting after playing each game frees the ram, and wiiflow takes care of it automatically.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll stick with the old version then. Rebooting after playing each game frees the ram, and wiiflow takes care of it automatically.

You say 'be quiet' to the guy who butters your bread? How ironic.

Anyway - I don't really know what your problem is - if you want Neo Geo - use FBACores Neo, if you want CPS2, go use FBACores CPS2 - if you want CPS1, go use FBACores CPS1. If you want to 'restart' RetroArch anyway after each game - you might as well swap cores as well since it takes just as long (or little depending how you look at it). You don't have to 'stick' to any old version. I don't see how or why this would matter or even where the hell you're even coming from.

BTW - to you Europeans out there - I come from a European country as well, but in our country, having a decent command of English is a NECESSITY and it's expected that you know how to carry yourself across in English. That being said, I don't think you have any idea how 'rude' some of you come across in English and it's starting to bother me - I can't tell if it's just the fact you don't have a decent command of English and you just tend to 'word things' that way or if it generally comes from a particular attitude of 'you exist to do stuff for me'. I dunno really - all I know is that I'm working my butt off doing all this stuff for free - a lot of work goes into it, and then having some guy get all up in arms over some decision I made and going 'I'll just stick with the old version then blahblah' is really starting to push some buttons here. I hope I'm just reading people the wrong way and that the messages are meant well, but I have to wonder sometimes.

kelvinml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I am been wondering about some of the things I read on sometimes as well. We have a lot of people on this forum from different countries and I think some of the english translation on here is sometimes sounds rude or demanding from different people on this board. I know where I work, I deal with people from different countries and when they speak there english is limited so it comes off as rude or demanding when they are not trying to be. So I hope that is the case with some of the people who comment on this board and of course we have our share of jerkoffs as well who expects everything handed to them on a silver platter, but I am sure the majority on here appreciate Retroarch and all your efforts.

You have a wonderful emulator that I for one enjoy every minute of it and appreciate all that you do with each update and your dedication is to be commended for all the hard work you put in for everyone to enjoy.

Anyway - I don't really know what your problem is - if you want Neo Geo - use FBACores Neo, if you want CPS2, go use FBACores CPS2 - if you want CPS1, go use FBACores CPS1. If you want to 'restart' RetroArch anyway after each game - you might as well swap cores as well since it takes just as long (or little depending how you look at it). You don't have to 'stick' to any old version. I don't see how or why this would matter or even where the hell you're even coming from.

BTW - to you Europeans out there - I come from a European country as well, but in our country, having a decent command of English is a NECESSITY and it's expected that you know how to carry yourself across in English. That being said, I don't think you have any idea how 'rude' some of you come across in English and it's starting to bother me - I can't tell if it's just the fact you don't have a decent command of English and you just tend to 'word things' that way or if it generally comes from a particular attitude of 'you exist to do stuff for me'. I dunno really - all I know is that I'm working my butt off doing all this stuff for free - a lot of work goes into it, and then having some guy get all up in arms over some decision I made and going 'I'll just stick with the old version then blahblah' is really starting to push some buttons here. I hope I'm just reading people the wrong way and that the messages are meant well, but I have to wonder sometimes.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like you want to use an FBA Core with all the drivers in it specifically because u don't want more icons in your source menu for WiiFlow. Which is fine.

However I have it setup with all the cores and icons set separately, if u want I can pass over my ini's, it looks cool to have more icons IMO but most importantly performance is better with separate cores as well so if u get some dips in frame rate or ever want to load bigger roms you might want to think about ditching the old all-in-one FBA for this preferably newer one ;)

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Did I offended you just saying to be quiet? Maybe you are a bit irritable don't you think?
Seeing how you often reply to people, please, avoid preaching politeness.
I wasn't "all up in arms" like you said, I just asked a question. So yeah, be quiet!

I really don't know what's up with you (nor do I care) but in my previous question I did expected a response like: "I made that because the wii has not enough ram" and not "Don't question what I do". Not very polite don't you think?
You are a talented coder but learn some manners dude, you'll need it in life.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I offended you just saying to be quiet? Maybe you are a bit irritable don't you think?
I wasn't "all up in arms" like you said, I just asked a question. So yeah, be quiet!

I really don't know what's up with you (nor do I care) but in my previous question I did expected a response like: "I made that because the wii has not enough ram" and not "Don't question what I do". Not very polite don't you think?

Maybe you should back off and not add fuel to the fire.

Don't like having to switch emulator cores? Boo-f***ing-hoo.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BTW, I tested most of the games in that screenshot of yours and most of them work just fine. So you probably have bad ROMs.

Hey man good to hear! Keep in mind though this was for 0.9.8.3 fba core only! I didn't try the cps1,2, neo cores then.

Carrier Airwing has some sprite scrambling, and hangs halfway the first level. (cps1)
Not quite...
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator.333126/page-39#post-4440284

Offtopic: Does anybody have a master list of working FBA games in conjunction with Retroarch Wii , sorted to system?( CPS1&2, NeoGeo, Other boards)
I'm trying to get my collection up to date and this would probably speed things up.
Τhese are what i've separated so far:

CPS1
2rqfy4z.png

CPS2
2u3w6qe.png

NEO GEO
xuljn.png

Reactions: MassiveRican

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I need to learn some manners now really and I need to 'be quiet'? Why? Because your whiny entitled ass does not like to 'switch' cores between FBA full and FBACores CPS1/CPS2?

Harhar.

Nice to see it confirmed it is indeed an attitude problem and not a language barrier.

Reactions: VatoLoco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte