Hacking Retail Wii Sports Resort Disc making me update?

FireFreek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 4.1U wii with cIOS38rev14, and bought a copy of wii sports resort. The disc channel makes me update(even though i'm on 4.1U? Guess i'm missing some IOSs), and I used waninkoko's 4.0 and 4.1 updater to update. Luckily i already had a downloaded .iso on my usb hard drive ready to play(watched video and all). But still, i'd like to get this working so anyone know whether i should install the required IOS or update through Ninty and patch what's required(i'll need help on that)

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you are on 4.1 it is not missing any IOS. More likely the update is to change existing IOSes on your Wii to the latest revision. You could always run it via a multi purpose backup launcher such as Neogamma, or through Gecko OS, to avoid such an issue.

the_rhino_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That-Guy said:
How about installing preloader and disable disc updates?

That's what I did, disable the disc updates in preloader so you are not tempted by the dark side!
wink.gif

I am on 4.1E and am up and running with Wii Sports Resort playing a backup through NeoGamma. I think the disc update is for the annoying Wii Motion plus video or something along those lines at the start.

All you have to do is extract that video IOS from the game ISO, stick it on your SD card and load the game using that through NeoGamma. You then get to watch the video and create a save game file. Once that is done you can go back to running the games through Neogamma as per normal and you are off and running.

That's what I did and it works fine, there is a post on here that walks your through it.

If you want to use the bought copy then just disable the disk updates and run it, you should have all the updates you need if you are on 4.1. Failing that, if the game doesn't work come back and see if someone can figure out what IOS you need to install to get it running using the org disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr