Hacking Restoring NAND. Need help

laurorual

What are you looking for?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so, my friend updated my 3DS XL with the pokemon X cart and now I need to restore the NAND backup I've made with the gateway. Since I can't find anyone to do it to me I've decided to do it myself.
What exactly do I need to do this? I've seen a tutorial on YouTube but I want to be sure of what materials should I buy to do this.
Can you help me with this? :(

Kaiwaters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a similar question my 3ds may have done a partial update is there any possible way to use someone Else's nand?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hundshamer did my hard mod with usb quick port. If you are worried about doing it yourself I recommend having them do it, if you still want to do it they can sell you all the parts for the mod

Reactions: laurorual

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hundshamer did my hard mod with usb quick port. If you are worried about doing it yourself I recommend having them do it, if you still want to do it they can sell you all the parts for the mod

I am one person. I am not the Borg either. I do not belong to a collective hive mind! LOL

Reactions: eggsample

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
@ hundshamer #7 LoL & 1 Q:
What is the best SD to USB reader for backup and restore NAND?
Just SD to USB or maybe some multi combo 20in1 reader powered by separate usb port?

Kaiwaters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your already partially updated its pretty much pointless, you can only downgrade if you have an existing working 4.x nand dump, if its partially updated it will always be partially updated no matter how often you restore the nand backup
thank you but my question wasnt answered

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would a raspberry pi do it?

If you are asking if a Raspberry pi will allow you to downgrade your NAND without you having a previous backup from before your partial update, it will not. You need an original image of it from before your partial update.

What gamesquest1 is trying to say is that you can hardmod until the cows come home, but as long as you lack that original NAND image, it will be a futile endeavor at this point in time.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thx for the advice but as you can see below my avatar, i'm from Brazil, not from USA :P
I just need to know what materials do i have to buy, i mean, it's just soldering iron, solder, the SD adapter and spare wire, correct?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you have never soldered before i suggest you look around for someone to do it for you and save the cost of soldering iron etc, because if you mess it up and burn the pads off or anything you will be stuck on your updated nand then or even worse a broke 3ds

even though you said you haven't found anyone to do it for you, you don't need to look for people who specifically fixes 3ds's ask in mobile phone repair shops etc, you should be able to find someone who can solder and already has the equipment at hand just explain its only 4 solder points and quite easy for someone who has soldering knowlage

Reactions: laurorual

Kaiwaters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are asking if a Raspberry pi will allow you to downgrade your NAND without you having a previous backup from before your partial update, it will not. You need an original image of it from before your partial update.

What gamesquest1 is trying to say is that you can hardmod until the cows come home, but as long as you lack that original NAND image, it will be a futile endeavor at this point in time.
i understood that i just asked would a raspberry pi allow you to backup a nand for future reference i understand that there is nothing i can do with my current 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over