Hacking Restored original H&S, any way to restore the icon?

BabyBichu

Trophies
Website
babybic.hu
XP
Country
United States
Just do as below.(Original Post)
You gotta clear your icon cache. You have to delete CacheD.dat located at "SD:\Nintendo 3DS\[ID1]\[ID2]\extdata\00000000\0000008f\00000000\00000005"
Note, I'm assuming your console is North American. If EUR, the 0000008f folder is 00000098, and if JPN it's 00000082. In any of those folders, you wanna delete the file "00000005".
Please also note that this'll remove your current theme, but won't actually delete any themes. It won't wipe shuffle theme preference either, you can go right back and set it to what it was, if anything.

Reactions: WeedZ and Ridge

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What else does that file store other than icons/theme info?

Also it appears that this doesnt clear it out of the Activity Log... still shows up as FBI in there... is that cached elsewhere? How do I fix that?

Last edited by Chrushev,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What else does that file store other than icons/theme info?

Also it appears that this doesnt clear it out of the Activity Log... still shows up as FBI in there... is that cached elsewhere? How do I fix that?
the activity log is stored on nand, it's a system save file
i forget if i ever wiped it myself but it's certainly possible :)

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the activity log is stored on nand, it's a system save file
i forget if i ever wiped it myself but it's certainly possible :)
Does it ever rebuild the icon cache on its own? Im fine wiht it if it eventually will re-cache the correct icon?

Also the intention is not to wipe it completely but to either wipe a few titles or edit the icon to point to correct one.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Does it ever rebuild the icon cache on its own? Im fine wiht it if it eventually will re-cache the correct icon?

Also the intention is not to wipe it completely but to either wipe a few titles or edit the icon to point to correct one.
editing the activity log would be nice... :) i read someone ages ago trying but he didn't have any luck, but as i said it must be possible.
maybe the format is documented on 3dbrew

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I used FBI to completely delete the Health and Safety app. Then I rebooted the 3DS and installed it back on. That cleared the icon up for me.

Did you dump it and then uninstll then reinstall your own dump? Also are you talking about icon in activity log? or icon for the app?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a fresh download from 3DNUS. As for the Activity Log, I don't care about keeping track of my Health and Safety activity, so I just removed it from Activity Log.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I used a fresh download from 3DNUS. As for the Activity Log, I don't care about keeping track of my Health and Safety activity, so I just removed it from Activity Log.
Yea but if you ever enter it again it will appear in activity log again with FBI icon

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but if you ever enter it again it will appear in activity log again with FBI icon
I'm sorry that's happening for you. After restoring my icon and removing Health & Safety from the Activity Log, the next time I launched the app and then checked my Activity Log, it had the normal icon again.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm sorry that's happening for you. After restoring my icon and removing Health & Safety from the Activity Log, the next time I launched the app and then checked my Activity Log, it had the normal icon again.
How did you find the Title ID to download it? Seriously system Title IDs dont seem to be documented anywhere.. only the games.

Edit, finally tracked it down.. for N3DS its 0004001020021300

However, removing it with FBI, then rebooting, then reinstalling... didnt fix the icon in activity log.

Last edited by Chrushev,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: