Hacking Restore Reformat Vita Without PSN

wiistat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

yesterday my friend kid by accident restore his vita.( he thought he was restarting it ;d)
the vita was on the uno exploit which use fw 2.02.

now he trying to restore the backup through open CMA but kept asking to login to psn first to link the vita, but then again PSN failed as it needed to update fw.

now my question is if there is any advice or solution for this please or he should just update and wait for the next exploit?

he was having problem with even vita card games till he format the memory, now all it needed is to link the vita so cma can work.

again am sorry if its in the wrong section and thanks ahead for any advices.

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mind me asking for an update on your progress? Did it work out as djricekcn said it would or did it not work? I`m curious as I had to do the same thing but couldn`t find a way around it without connecting and updating a while back since MH exploit.

wiistat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mind me asking for an update on your progress? Did it work out as djricekcn said it would or did it not work? I`m curious as I had to do the same thing but couldn`t find a way around it without connecting and updating a while back since MH exploit.

not yet, but it seems it's only possible with a ps3. havnt tried yet

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I can tell you guys that it still works for me. I just need to make sure I am not connected to a internet connection on my Vita. PC doesn't matter long as i am using Open CMA. If you connected to CMA while your wifi is on and it's telling you to update, you have to quite out of transfer manager and reboot into it with airplane mode.

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, I can tell you guys that it still works for me. I just need to make sure I am not connected to a internet connection on my Vita. PC doesn't matter long as i am using Open CMA. If you connected to CMA while your wifi is on and it's telling you to update, you have to quite out of transfer manager and reboot into it with airplane mode.
Not to be rude but what exactly "worked" for you? A: is it being able to use Open CMA and transfering files on a nonupdated vita? or B: is it restoring your vita`s primary account to a secondary account and back without connecting to sony and still being able to use the games that you downloaded from them? because I feel like its A the first one and I am assuming that you think it would work for both situation when they are entirely different. Very curious on your answer b/c if you actually tried restoring your account without logging in and "activate" your games (Sony`s words not mine, go to settings to see this after restoring an account) then this would be very useful indeed. :wtf: kinda hoping for the second one as its much more helpful in the long run.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can transfer on a non-updated vita and updated vita ( i have multiple Vita's ) using open-cma. I just have to be on airplane mode when doing it. I don't think it matters on most updated vita, but i put it on airplane mode anyway when i need to transfer. havent' tried it with the one that just came out but worked before that, still transfers to my ecfw vita (did one today)

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can transfer on a non-updated vita and updated vita ( i have multiple Vita's ) using open-cma. I just have to be on airplane mode when doing it. I don't think it matters on most updated vita, but i put it on airplane mode anyway when i need to transfer. havent' tried it with the one that just came out but worked before that, still transfers to my ecfw vita (did one today)
So you didn`t ever get in his situation and made it "work" for you? because the question is clear and your answer that it worked for you was clear too. But your recently reply didn`t show relevance to the OP`s question.

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
again, it's working for me. it doesn't as k me to log in, update etc, if i open transfer while in airplane mode

And again, did you or did you not hold down the power button on your vita for more than 30 seconds and got a user debut menu and selected restore/reformat vita (without memory card to allow you to keep your card intact). Then after going through airplane mode let your vita sync to your account and play your game in your memory card? This thread is a specific question and your answer isn`t vague but just off. Just answer with a yes I did reformat the vita and synced it with my account and was allowed access to my games off my memory card or with a no I did no such thing but I am still right for some off base reason. Either one or the other. Because you keep answering with “I can transfer games with Open CMA and airplane mode” thing is, we can all do that even without airplane mode. That`s just how Open CMA works >_> so I ask again b/c OP and I have/had the same thing go down. We both got a vita into formatted and restored on accident and would like access to our games linked into our account that is already in our memory cards. I repeat it has nothing to do with transferring from PC to a Vita that is already synced to an account.

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
: x Found this in wololo`s website and not sure if I can link other sites in a post without getting in trouble BUT I will Quote it instead.
Activating and Linking a PS Vita (PS3 Required)
This is a highly unknown trick and can save you a lot of trouble and stress. This trick is especially useful if you happen to reset your Vita or buy a new one. If you need to just activate, follow and skip to part 2 (however if that doesnt work for some reason try redoing it but by following both parts.)
  • Part 1 (Linking your PSN account)
  1. Power off your Vita completely
  2. Push and hold the PS Logo Button + the R shoulder Button + the Power Button. Hold them for a few seconds, till the screen goes on and the recovery menu appears.
  3. Select option 4. Restore the PS Vita System.
  4. Wait till the Vita boots up again and follow the instructions till it asks you if you would like to link you’re Vita with you’re PSN Account. Do this now because it’s the only way to avoid the update.
  • Part 2 (Activating your PSvita)
1. To activate you simply need to download any game that you’ve bought previously (or get a new one) with the PSN account thats tied to your Vita on the PS3.
2. Transfer said game over to your Playstation Vita and install it. Launching the game will then activate your Vita with your account.

I can not confirm this but I thought I`d leave this here just incase anyone else happens to get this problem and finds this thread.
To the OP, Sorry I didn`t find this sooner >_< hell I`m beating my self for not thinking about this!

Reactions: Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."