Rest in Peace Densetsu

116738.jpg

I know this is where people are supposed to say "hi" but today we say "goodbye" to one of our fellow Tempers. Yesterday we lost Densetsu to cancer. Some of you know him from being a staffer here and others from the Blood of Bahamut translation.

Having known him out in the real world I can say he was a great human being. He was going to school to be a doctor so he could help people, because that was something he was passionate about (and games of course too :)

Rest in peace Densetsu! You will be missed!

FUCK CANCER!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Cancer is definitely evil. My mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 invasive breast cancer last year. They were giving her only a couple of months. She's a fighter, and the chemotherapy seems to be working (when the doctors didn't think it would help as much as it did). She tired practically every day (not nauseous, thank goodness), but her worst days are a couple of days after getting each weekly treatment.

It's sad to hear anyone fall to it.
Whoa I didnt know that. I hope she REALLY RECOVERS well.

-

Damn when I joined back in 2010 (and I was barely a programmer), I believe densetsu was one of the first ever to say hi.

This world is full of shit, and good guys always suffer from that (overly sensitive, emotional stress, etc). Ive always thought cancer is just a trigger to "inner" unresolved matters. So long Densetsu, thanks for your support... i'll do the same!

Reactions: DrHikaru

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can we stop with the gingers are keeping the cure secret stuff? Not only is it idiotic (it is not one disease, far from it, and assuming there is a single cure makes about as much sense as hoping there is one for sneezing) the guy in question spent no small amount of time around here dispelling such nonsense, http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-vaccination-thread.343214/#post-4558509 and the thread that kicked it off being one such example.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so god-damned upsetting. From the time he hunted me down on GameFAQs for recognizing my Japanese skills, to our coordination and discussions on the Blood of Bahamut translation project, to the general support he'd give me for teaching/learning Japanese (to say nothing of all the stress he must have been under going through Medical School at the same time)... truly a stand-up individual and a stand-out in a community that is often full of arrogant and rude people.

I had been thinking of contacting him for a while, just to kind-of check in, not even knowing about his sickness... Now I'm so pissed that I didn't..... This is really, really...

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking cancer. I hate that fucking disease. I wish that one day it can be eradicated;sadly, that day didn't come soon enough for densetsu. Rest in peace, and my condolences and best wishes to his family. Fuck that bullshit disease.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
116738.jpg

I know this is where people are supposed to say "hi" but today we say "goodbye" to one of our fellow Tempers. Yesterday we lost Densetsu to cancer. Some of you know him from being a staffer here and others from the Blood of Bahamut translation.

Having known him out in the real world I can say he was a great human being. He was going to school to be a doctor so he could help people, because that was something he was passionate about (and games of course too :)

Rest in peace Densetsu! You will be missed!

FUCK CANCER!

I've never heard of this Temper before, but I agree, FUCK CANCER. I lost my father to it in 2006, and many people I've known online and off have succumbed to it since. FUCK CANCER.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't post because I don't know what to say. Only known him for translation and Japanese lessons. Should had have stick to learning Japanese with him, when I had the chance.

DrHikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be fixed now, @Ericzander.

Let me know if it is still giving you issues.

The title hurt. Reading the OP was rough. Then seeing @gamecaptor's post on page 4 about Densetsu's GoFundMe, along with the story about his fight and pictures wrecked me.

I tried to donate to his funeral, but I got this message:
View attachment 50056

@gamecaptor let us know if you can do anything about that and when it's back up, because I'm happy to donate - knowing how expensive funerals can be (especially for grieving families).

In other news, I regret not knowing Densetsu, but I did enjoy his tutorials as he had a way of making sense of complicated topics. He did leave an impact both online and off and, given the chance, I am sure that he would have continued his impact on the world.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
It should be fixed now, @Ericzander.

Let me know if it is still giving you issues.
Thank you, it worked effortlessly.

For anyone else who wants to help out, here's the link again: https://www.gofundme.com/teamfranz

Funerals are expensive, and the pain that comes with it doesn't help. Anybody who is able should consider giving something, even if it's small.

For all you pirates out there, think about the money you saved on the last game you didn't buy and instead think about donating it here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum